    "street price" in CDN$'s? Needed for my Canon A75.

    Thanks and cheers,

    Roger
    Engineer, May 13, 2004

  2. Engineer

    Happy Canuck Guest

    I'd say watch the ads in the paper for Futureshop, BestBuy and some of the
    warehouses and then pick the best when you need to buy...

    Some deals, some not. But none that I've seen are way out of line.

    Bill
    Toronto

    Happy Canuck, May 13, 2004

  3. Engineer

    M. Souris Guest

    try www.canadacomputers.com
    or www.factorydirect.com

    M. Souris, May 13, 2004
  4. Engineer

    Fil330 Guest

    Why don't you try this :

    http://www.powerinnumbers.com.au/

    very good site !

    --
    Fil330

    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/575460/M/

    Fil330, May 13, 2004
  5. Engineer

    TheNewGuy Guest

    wrote:

    >Can anyone advise the best place to buy 256 MB or 512 MB Compact Flash
    >cards in the Toronto area,

    Staples had a great rebate offer on SanDisk cards. Maybe it's still
    on.
    TheNewGuy, May 13, 2004
  6. Engineer

    Gary Guest

    Costco

    Gary, May 14, 2004
  7. "Engineer" <> writes:
    >Hi, RPD's.
    >Can anyone advise the best place to buy 256 MB or 512 MB Compact Flash
    >cards in the Toronto area, Ontario, Canada? Also, what's the going
    >"street price" in CDN$'s? Needed for my Canon A75.

    Try Costco. I got a new 256MB Sandisk CF card for $64 plus tax a week
    or so ago.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, May 14, 2004
  8. Engineer

    NightStar Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 05:59:25 +0000 (UTC), (Dave
    Martindale) wrote:

    >"Engineer" <> writes:
    >>Hi, RPD's.
    >>Can anyone advise the best place to buy 256 MB or 512 MB Compact Flash
    >>cards in the Toronto area, Ontario, Canada? Also, what's the going
    >>"street price" in CDN$'s? Needed for my Canon A75.

    >Try Costco. I got a new 256MB Sandisk CF card for $64 plus tax a week
    >or so ago.
    >
    > Dave

    I'm going to Canada in September to visit my family (2 week Holiday)
    from the UK... I already have a 1GB Integral I-Pro CF card (For my
    PDA) and would like to get another 1GB card (Any make) for my camera.

    What's the price for a 1GB Sandisk card (Like above) - And what is the
    tax? (I have no clue what it is in Canada!)

    Tony
    NightStar, May 14, 2004
  9. Engineer <> wrote:
    > Hi, RPD's.
    > Can anyone advise the best place to buy 256 MB or 512 MB Compact Flash
    > cards in the Toronto area, Ontario, Canada? Also, what's the going
    > "street price" in CDN$'s? Needed for my Canon A75.

    I usually just walk down Yonge Street, or College by Spadina depending
    on what other computer peripherals I might be interested in, but I guess
    it depends where you live... The smaller stores are typically willing
    to bargain, provided that your total purchase is large enough to justify
    it and provided that you don't come across as a cheapskate.

    I saw Black's Photography had 256MB for $80 CAD yesterday. Brand name
    cards of course will cost you more. The price difference between CF and
    other memory types (Sony Memorystick, especially) was something like a
    factor of 2X...

    --
    There are two types of tasks in life: those which become less urgent
    as time passes, and those which become more urgent. Rotating one's
    Tim Vanderhoek, May 14, 2004
  10. Engineer

    Engineer Guest

    "Tim Vanderhoek" <> wrote in message
    > Engineer <> wrote:
    > > Hi, RPD's.
    > > Can anyone advise the best place to buy 256 MB or 512 MB Compact

    Flash
    > > cards in the Toronto area, Ontario, Canada? Also, what's the

    going
    > > "street price" in CDN$'s? Needed for my Canon A75.

    (snip)

    > I saw Black's Photography had 256MB for $80 CAD yesterday. Brand

    name
    > cards of course will cost you more. The price difference between CF

    and
    > other memory types (Sony Memorystick, especially) was something like

    > factor of 2X...

    Thanks, Tim, but I'm new to this stuff! So, is CF pricing higher or
    lower than Sony Memorystick? Sounds like CF is higher.. :-(

    Cheers,

    Roger
    Engineer, May 14, 2004
  11. Engineer <> wrote:

    > Thanks, Tim, but I'm new to this stuff! So, is CF pricing higher or
    > lower than Sony Memorystick? Sounds like CF is higher.. :-(

    CF is cheaper than Memorystick. If you compare cheapest per-MB prices
    (so ignoring factors like speed!), then I think it's close to a 2X
    difference (top of my head number, not the result of any careful survey,
    so take that 2X number with a big grain of salt).

    Tim Vanderhoek, May 15, 2004
  12. Engineer

    Guest

    "Engineer" <> wrote:

    >Can anyone advise the best place to buy 256 MB or 512 MB Compact Flash
    >cards in the Toronto area, Ontario, Canada?

    Can you buy from US mailorder places? I'm not sure what the hassle/expense
    of that would be. I just bought a 256 meg SanDisk CompactFlash for my wife
    for $40, and she's more than happy with it. Got it from B&H.

    --
    Eric
    http://canid.com/
  13. Engineer

    Sherry Guest

    wrote in

    > Can you buy from US mailorder places? I'm not sure what the
    > hassle/expense of that would be. I just bought a 256 meg SanDisk
    > CompactFlash for my wife for $40, and she's more than happy with it.
    > Got it from B&H.
    >
    > --
    > Eric
    > http://canid.com/

    I've noticed that a lot of stores, websites and manufacturers are
    offering rebates for 256 MB CF cards. Do you all think that the price
    will be dropping in the next couple of months? I've noticed this with
    other consumer electronics - rebates for a short period of time and
    then the price drops.

    I need to get a 256 MB CF for a trip in Sept and am trying to hold off
    for the best deal <g>

    Sherry
    Sherry, May 15, 2004