    www.rollingbluethunder.com/
    Rolling Blue Thunder Productions, Inc.
    Still Doing What It Do!

    Pictures, Feb 4, 2006

  2. On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:12:58 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Pictures"
    <> wrote:

    >For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand, size and
    >speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away from?

    Depends upon the camera you intend to use them in. No one size fits all
    answer.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Feb 4, 2006

  3. Pictures

    Mark² Guest

    Pictures wrote:
    > For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand,
    > size and speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away
    > from?

    Most cameras do not take advantage of fast cards...but there are those that
    do, like fast frames-per-second high-end DSLRs...but also many
    point-and-shoot cameras that have high-res video modes. for example: I have
    a little cheapie point-and-shoot which takes full VGA video at 30fps. It
    needs a fast card.

    Mark

    Mark², Feb 5, 2006
  4. Pictures

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    "Pictures" <> wrote:

    > For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand, size and
    > speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away from?

    Whatever's on sale, 1GB or larger. I have tried several brands and other
    then speed and capacity, its six of one, half dozen of the other.

    Shawn Hirn, Feb 5, 2006
  5. In article <>, Pictures
    <> wrote:

    > For those of you who use Compact Flash Memory Cards, what brand, size and
    > speed do you use? Any particular brand you try to stay away from?

    Lexar 16X 512MB - never had a problem.

    Randall Ainsworth, Feb 5, 2006
  6. Pictures

    JimmyG Guest

    Just got a TwinMos Ultra-X 140X 2gb. Amazingly fast, & so far, reliable.

    Most of my CF's are SanDisk Ultra II 1gb, Kingston Elite Pro 1gb. A PQ1
    card has given me a bit of trouble, but remains useable.

    --
    Jimmy: Santee, CA / Lake Oswego, OR
    Nikon D70, D200

    JimmyG, Feb 5, 2006
  7. Pictures

    Pictures Guest

    KM 5D is what I use
    --

    CoolAzzRob***

    Pictures, Feb 8, 2006
  8. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Feb 9, 2006
  9. Pictures

    Joey Guest

    I haven't found that one brand is really any better than others but
    Lexar is probably the cadallic. If you don't plan on downloading
    directly from the camera (which isn't good anyway) make sure the card
    reader to your computer or in your computer is compatible. Example,
    Lexar makes cards that don't say "USB" enabled on the front. If they
    don't, they won't be recogogized by some readers. Usually all the 6N1
    readers will read any card. Some people would say stay away from the
    microdrive type but I've had good luck with them. I was Nikon but now
    Canon 20D.

    Joey, Feb 11, 2006