    creative ideas?

    Thanks and cheers,

    Roger

    Engineer, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Engineer

    Bob Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:12:11 -0400, "Engineer" <> wrote:

    >Hello RPD's.
    >Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
    >Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?
    >
    >Best Buy seems quite good as a retail walk-in, CDN$50 (after rebates,
    >but plus sales tax.) TigerDirect (on-line) is OK (when I last looked)
    >but the tax and shipping cost puts it over the top in net cost.
    >
    >eBay Canada prices tend to close in the CDN$46 to 62 range (no sales
    >tax if used item), plus CDN$7 to CDN$13 shipping.
    >
    >Do people think Compact Flash memory cost will go down soon? Any
    >creative ideas?
    >
    >Thanks and cheers,
    >
    >Roger

    I just bought one in Montreal for $45 after rebates, but that price is no more -
    it's gone up again... I've even seen them at $90!!

    From what I hear, the price is supposed to drop dramatically... maybe you should
    wait a bit.

    Bob, Jun 24, 2004

  3. Engineer

    zeitgeist Guest

    Everything digital fall in price almost monthly,
    but how much time are you going to spend to save an extra buck or ten?
    I mean the lowest prices tend to come with some soul sucking annoyances,
    like those sleezebags that offer cameras for 2/3rds the usual 'street' price
    but run you ragged by outright lying about shipping it right now,
    practically extorting you to buy all the overpriced accessories that by the
    time you are done, you have either spend all you would have saved on long
    distance calls, have had your credit card charged twice, and would have
    gotten it the same day, or in a couple days for about the same price with
    the accessories without any of the hassles from the store downtown.

    right now Buy.com has lexar 40x 512mb cards for $99 with free shipping,

    zeitgeist, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Engineer

    Jeff Durham Guest

    Is US mail order an option? If so, checkout http://www.newegg.com and
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com.

    Jeff

    Jeff Durham, Jun 24, 2004
  5. Engineer

    Johnny Bela Guest

    In article <eErCc.6905$>,
    says...
    > Hello RPD's.
    > Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
    > Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?
    >
    > Best Buy seems quite good as a retail walk-in, CDN$50 (after rebates,
    > but plus sales tax.) TigerDirect (on-line) is OK (when I last looked)
    > but the tax and shipping cost puts it over the top in net cost.
    >
    > eBay Canada prices tend to close in the CDN$46 to 62 range (no sales
    > tax if used item), plus CDN$7 to CDN$13 shipping.
    >
    > Do people think Compact Flash memory cost will go down soon? Any
    > creative ideas?

    I'm not sure where you live, but Tiger Direct has a retail outlet in
    Markham where you can get their online price if they have it in stock.

    Johnny Bela, Jun 25, 2004
  6. Engineer

    George Guest

    Check out techbargains.com for CF. I got my 256MB Sandisk for $25 after
    rebate
    but including tax and shipping. My 512MB Sandisk was $59 after rebate.

    George, Jun 25, 2004
  7. Engineer

    Ron Hunter Guest

    George wrote:

    > Check out techbargains.com for CF. I got my 256MB Sandisk for $25 after
    > rebate
    > but including tax and shipping. My 512MB Sandisk was $59 after rebate.
    >
    > "Johnny Bela" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In article <eErCc.6905$>,
    >> says...
    >>
    >>>Hello RPD's.
    >>>Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
    >>>Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?
    >>>
    >>>Best Buy seems quite good as a retail walk-in, CDN$50 (after rebates,
    >>>but plus sales tax.) TigerDirect (on-line) is OK (when I last looked)
    >>>but the tax and shipping cost puts it over the top in net cost.
    >>>
    >>>eBay Canada prices tend to close in the CDN$46 to 62 range (no sales
    >>>tax if used item), plus CDN$7 to CDN$13 shipping.
    >>>
    >>>Do people think Compact Flash memory cost will go down soon? Any
    >>>creative ideas?
    >>>

    >>I'm not sure where you live, but Tiger Direct has a retail outlet in
    >>Markham where you can get their online price if they have it in stock.

    Fry's had a 512 meg CF card advertised today for $59, and a $30 rebate!

    Ron Hunter, Jun 25, 2004
  8. Engineer

    Engineer Guest

    > In article <eErCc.6905$>,
    > says...
    > > Hello RPD's.
    > > Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
    > > Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?

    (snip)

    > I'm not sure where you live, but Tiger Direct has a retail outlet in
    > Markham where you can get their online price if they have it in

    stock.

    Markham!

    Thanks & Cheers,

    Roger

    Engineer, Jun 25, 2004
  9. Engineer

    Engineer Guest

    "Engineer" <> wrote in message
    > Hello RPD's.
    > Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
    > Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?

    (snip)

    Thanks for all replies - a real eye opener!

    Cheers

    Roger

    Engineer, Jun 25, 2004