    forward it on). Im not bothered about getting big brand cards, in fact
    generic ones would be an advantage due to the drop in price.

    Thanks.
    bigfeet, Aug 23, 2006

  2. bigfeet

    Ace Guest

    bigfeet wrote:
    > Compact flash cards seem to be much cheaper in the USA than here in
    > Australia.

    > Can anyone recommend a good cheap US (or anywhere else) based company
    > that will ship to Australia or the UK >
    > Thanks.

    bhphotovideo.com, compusa.com, officedepot.com among others. Also
    newegg.com.

    Bob AZ
    Ace, Aug 23, 2006

  3. "Ace" <> writes:

    > bigfeet wrote:
    > > Compact flash cards seem to be much cheaper in the USA than here in
    > > Australia.

    > > Can anyone recommend a good cheap US (or anywhere else) based company
    > > that will ship to Australia or the UK >
    > > Thanks.

    > bhphotovideo.com, compusa.com, officedepot.com among others. Also
    > newegg.com.

    Actually newegg.com does not ship outside of the USA. Be sure to figure in
    taxes and VAT. Also, I've heard tales that UPS in particular gouges people for
    extra fees when crossing a border, but if you find a shipper that uses the US
    mail, it is cheaper (but you don't get tracking information).

    If you are going on a prolonged trip, have you considered a portable storage
    device (disk based unit that will copy cards to the disk without a computer),
    or a portable DVD burner. Of course you do have to worry about the disk
    getting corrupt (and in fact I'm replacing the disk on the laptop my daughter
    will use in college that went bad).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Aug 23, 2006
  4. bigfeet

    ColinD Guest

    bigfeet wrote:
    > Compact flash cards seem to be much cheaper in the USA than here in
    > Australia. The amount of memory I need to buy (for an extended trip) I
    > simply cannot afford at Australian prices.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a good cheap US (or anywhere else) based company
    > that will ship to Australia or the UK (have relatives there who could
    > forward it on). Im not bothered about getting big brand cards, in fact
    > generic ones would be an advantage due to the drop in price.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Don't go generic, stay with Lexar, Sandisk, or other reputable make.
    Cards are cheap compared with the loss of your trip images.

    Have you thought about buying from New Zealand? We are generally
    cheaper than Oz, f'rinstance, a 1 GB Sandisk Ultra II card, $NZ55, with
    NZ gst, Oz equivalent would be about $AUD41.

    Have a look at http://www.flashcards.co.nz

    Colin D.

    ColinD, Aug 23, 2006
  5. I've been happy with the service from 7dayshop in (tax-free) Guernsey - they
    certainly ship to UK. http://www.7dayshop.com/
    Prices seem good and I've bought memory cards and printer cartridges among
    other things. I once had a problem but they replaced the card without
    question.

    Peter J E Brunning, Aug 23, 2006
  6. bigfeet

    Tony Polson Guest

    "Peter J E Brunning" <> wrote:

    >I've been happy with the service from 7dayshop in (tax-free) Guernsey - they
    >certainly ship to UK. http://www.7dayshop.com/
    >Prices seem good and I've bought memory cards and printer cartridges among
    >other things. I once had a problem but they replaced the card without
    >question.

    7dayshop will not accept orders from outside the UK, even though the
    goods ordered might be shipped to the UK. Perhaps the OP's relatives
    in the UK could purchase the items for him?

    I have heard good reports of 7dayshop's generic cards.
    Tony Polson, Aug 23, 2006
  7. bigfeet

    Roy G Guest

    "Tony Polson" <> wrote in message
    > "Peter J E Brunning" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>I've been happy with the service from 7dayshop in (tax-free) Guernsey -
    >>they
    >>certainly ship to UK. http://www.7dayshop.com/
    >>Prices seem good and I've bought memory cards and printer cartridges among
    >>other things. I once had a problem but they replaced the card without
    >>question.

    > 7dayshop will not accept orders from outside the UK, even though the
    > goods ordered might be shipped to the UK. Perhaps the OP's relatives
    > in the UK could purchase the items for him?
    >
    > I have heard good reports of 7dayshop's generic cards.

    Hi

    My memory dot com will ship internationally from their base in the Channel
    Islands, and their prices are much the same as 7 day shop.

    I am quite sure that some of the more reputable dealers in Hong Kong would
    also be able to supply at a good price. I have used Keaphoto dot com
    without any problems through Ebay.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Aug 23, 2006