    the more expensive CF II cards than the regular CF cards for Canon EOS
    350D?

    , Nov 26, 2005

  2. Bill Guest

    wrote:

    >I am wonderin whether there's a significant difference between using
    >the more expensive CF II cards than the regular CF cards for Canon EOS
    >350D?

    The 350D/XT can read/write to the memory card about 5x faster than the
    older Rebel/300D, so faster cards will let the camera flush images to
    memory faster.

    However, if you only take single snaps here and there, you may not
    notice any effective difference. For sports or other situations where
    you may need to take a dozen shots quickly, a fast card is essential.

    Also, if you have a card reader to download images to your computer and
    it uses USB 2.0 high speed, then faster cards can read faster and will
    transfer images much faster.

    I have the Rebel XT/350D and I use Sandisk Ultra II cards. I found
    they're a good balance between speed and cost. Faster cards like the
    Extreme III don't make any difference _IN_ the camera, but they're a bit
    faster when transferring images with a card reader. That difference
    isn't enough to justify the higher cost for me though.

    Bill, Nov 26, 2005

  3. Marten Guest

    The most comprehensive database for camera & card tests is at Rob Galbraith.
    Check it out
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/index.asp

    Marten, Nov 26, 2005
  4. I recently tested several affordable DSLRs for shooting rate using standard
    and high speed cards, see:

    http://dpnow.com/bb/cheaper-dslrs.pl?frames=n;read=4

    Basically, the 350D has flexible buffering and the main advantage of high
    speed media is the ability to shoot continuously for more than jusy 30
    frames when using JPEG.

    With RAW and JPEG enabled, after the first three frames you get a steady
    continuous rate of 0.8fps with a high speed card and just 0.25fps with a
    standard card.

    Ian

    Digital Photography Now
    http://dpnow.com