    Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
    what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
    Thanks Willis

    Willis Speck, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Willis Speck

    Willis Speck Guest

    Willis Speck, Apr 17, 2004

  3. "Willis Speck" <> wrote in message
    > Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
    > what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
    > Thanks Willis

    I have several brands and they all work fine. I suppose one should be
    cautious about "really cheap" cards.

    Charles Schuler, Apr 17, 2004
  4. "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message

    > "Willis Speck" <> wrote in message
    > > Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
    > > what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
    > > Thanks Willis

    > I have several brands and they all work fine. I suppose one should be
    > cautious about "really cheap" cards.

    There are only three FABS that make the Nands that are the heart of the
    card. I shoot for ones that I know to be using Samsung Nands and not
    seconds.
    So the prior post is correct, you get what you pay for.

    Ed

    Jack-of-the-Dust, Apr 17, 2004
  5. Willis Speck

    Willis Speck Guest

    Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
    what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
    Is Sandisk the best?
    Willis

    Willis Speck, Apr 17, 2004
  6. Willis Speck

    Andrew Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:52:06 -0500, Willis Speck <>
    wrote:

    > Is Sandisk the best?

    They are the cheapest, what do you think?

    Andrew, Apr 17, 2004
  7. "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:52:06 -0500, Willis Speck <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Is Sandisk the best?

    > They are the cheapest, what do you think?

    I have two of those and they work fine.

    Charles Schuler, Apr 17, 2004
  8. buy what's on sale. I've got an expensive Sandisk and a
    cheapy from Fry's and guess what; the cheaper card is just
    as fast as the $200 Sandisk. I'm still kicking myself for
    getting caught up by the marketing hype!!!

    dave

    Bay Area Dave, Apr 17, 2004
  9. Willis Speck

    George Guest

    > "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:52:06 -0500, Willis Speck <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is Sandisk the best?

    > > They are the cheapest, what do you think?

    > I have two of those and they work fine.

    www.dpreview.com has some test results on various brands of CF...looks like
    Sandisk Ultra II came out on the top of the heap followed by the Lexar X40
    BUT you have to remember that this was a performance test with a few
    specific cameras and not a reliability test. You might want to also scan
    the newsgroups for complaints (I've seen a few about Viking, but have no
    personal experience with the brand). I'm too new to CF-based digital
    cameras for my limited experience to mean much, but I have Delkin and
    haven't had a problem (and they do have a lifetime warranty for whatever
    that is worth).

    George, Apr 18, 2004
  10. Willis Speck

    George Guest

    Lots of Sandisk on sale this weekend and many with rebates. Check out
    www.techbargains.com (a price search engine) to find many of the specials
    (also saw some decent deals at www.ecost.com - an online dealer). I was
    tempted, but my $180 Muvo2 is on its way (4GB Hitachi microdrive).

    George, Apr 18, 2004
  11. Willis Speck

    DSegal1027 Guest

    How do you like your A75? I just bought one (well, 2 as the first one was no
    good).

    >Im new to using digital camera.I bought the Canon A75
    >what is the best brand Compact Flash card CF to use?
    > Thanks Willis

    no spam--remove last 3 letters in address to respond

    DSegal1027, Apr 18, 2004
  12. Willis Speck

    Sofjan Guest

    From: "George"
    >Lots of Sandisk on sale this weekend and many with rebates. Check out
    >www.techbargains.com (a price search engine) to find many of the specials
    >(also saw some decent deals at www.ecost.com - an online dealer). I was
    >tempted, but my $180 Muvo2 is on its way (4GB Hitachi microdrive).

    Where do you get the Muvo2 ?
    Would like to get one too

    Thanks
    Sofjan Mustopoh

    Sofjan, Apr 19, 2004
  13. Willis Speck

    George Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    > Lots of Sandisk on sale this weekend and many with rebates. Check out
    > www.techbargains.com (a price search engine) to find many of the specials
    > (also saw some decent deals at www.ecost.com - an online dealer). I was
    > tempted, but my $180 Muvo2 is on its way (4GB Hitachi microdrive).

    Update: Well, Target.com just got onto my personal *hit list (YMMV):
    1) They didn't ship on the promised date
    2) They sent me an email to say the item was "delayed" and gave me a link
    to OK it
    3) When I went to the link, I found out they cancelled my order due to
    lack of product availability (when I ordered from them, their website said
    it was in stock and that it'd ship in a couple days)
    4) I'm screwed on a Sandisk 256k memory card I ordered elsewhere to
    install in the Muvo2 afterwards as it had a rebate that I just sent in for a
    couple of hours before finding out that Target.com doesn't intend to deliver
    the item I ordered.
    So, if you thought you got in on the good deal that techbargains.com
    reported at Target.com, don't hold your breath...

    George, Apr 20, 2004