    card.
    Thanks,
    Josh
    josh plumlee, Feb 23, 2004

  2. josh plumlee

    Douglas Guest

    http://dpreview.com/articles/mediacompare/
    "josh plumlee" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > I am about to purchase a Canon A80. Is there a difference in the

    different

    Douglas, Feb 23, 2004

  3. "Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:...
    > http://dpreview.com/articles/mediacompare/

    > "josh plumlee" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > I am about to purchase a Canon A80. Is there a difference in the

    > different
    > > brands of memory cards? Is there a variance in write speeds and overall
    > > quality? What brands are recommended? I am looking at a 256 or 512 MB

    The dpreview is VERY out of date. For example, Lexar 512 MB 40X ...I got
    for $120 with the rebate and isn't reviewed.
    Lawrence L'Hote, Feb 23, 2004
  4. josh plumlee

    Douglas Guest

    Yes,it isn't up to date,BUT it does show that all compact flash cards are
    NOT the same! Also,I see no need of his using a 40x card with the A80! Even
    when this chart was posted,ALL cards were not listed!Of course prices change
    every day! If you read the info at the link,it does say that it is not up to
    date.

    Douglas, Feb 23, 2004
  5. I suggest you to buy any of the highseed cards from lexar as they come
    with lifetime warranty.

    the 16X/40X is thru WA technology and as your camera does not have the
    support, it works at the regular speed though. so you still dont get any
    perfomance improvement on your camera while taking pics. But with the
    given jumpshot cable, you can achive 16X/40X speed while downloading the
    stuff to your computer. its a real time saver if you happen to have a
    hich capacity card.

    if you can afford to get 512 MB card, buy it. i got a 256 MB for my a80
    and i'm able to store 130 images in the super fine/ highest res. Though
    it is not bad, it is good to have 512 MB.

    /V

    Venkat Venkataraju, Feb 23, 2004
  6. josh plumlee wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am about to purchase a Canon A80. Is there a difference in the different
    > brands of memory cards? Is there a variance in write speeds and overall
    > quality? What brands are recommended? I am looking at a 256 or 512 MB
    > card.
    > Thanks,
    > Josh

    Get whatever is on sale, at the best price.
    I've not seen any difference between brands.
    For a P/S camera like the A80, I wouldn't pay extra for a high speed card.
    I doubt that you would notice any SIGNIFICANT difference in speed while taking
    pictures.
    Bob Williams
    P.S. Try newegg.com.
    They have good selection, prices and service.
    Bob Williams
    Robert E. Williams, Feb 24, 2004