    Will all compact flash card readers read all brands of compact flash cards?.
    I have a Lexar card reader. Can I read other compact flash cards other than
    Lexar?.

    FocusClick, Aug 29, 2003

  2. "FocusClick" <> wrote in message
    news:JYF3b.12123$...
    > Will all compact flash card readers read all brands of compact flash cards?.
    > I have a Lexar card reader. Can I read other compact flash cards other than
    > Lexar?.

    Yes.

    Andrew Davidson, Aug 29, 2003

  3. FocusClick

    Alan F Cross Guest

    In message <JYF3b.12123$>, FocusClick
    <> writes
    >Will all compact flash card readers read all brands of compact flash cards?.
    >I have a Lexar card reader. Can I read other compact flash cards other than
    >Lexar?.

    You *should* be able to!

    However ...

    I had a problem reading Kingston cards in a SanDisk 6 in 1 reader.

    The response from Kingston acknowledged the problem, and said I should
    approach my retailer for a replacement card (clearly they'd changed
    something inside the card since my purchase 18 months ago)

    The response from SanDisk was that their reader had a problem, and sent
    me a firmware update. After several attempts and many emails (SanDisk
    were very responsive, I must say) I now have a reader that reads every
    card I have.

    So I've dropped the claim against Kingston. But it's nice to get the
    choice of TWO solutions to one problem! The reader update was obviously
    preferable, in case the issue related to more than just Kingston cards.

    You should get Lexar to confirm compatibility via their tech support, or
    their web site FAQs, then go after them if you find different in the
    real world.
    --
    Alan F Cross

    Alan F Cross, Aug 29, 2003
  4. FocusClick

    Guest

    FocusClick <> wrote:
    > Will all compact flash card readers read all brands of compact flash cards?.
    > I have a Lexar card reader. Can I read other compact flash cards other than
    > Lexar?.

    I have three different brands of Compact Flash cards
    and they all read fine with my Lexar reader. Why should
    the brand of the reader make any difference anyway?

    , Aug 29, 2003