compact digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by graciette belform, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. hello i am a newbie and i just bought a new digital camera but i have a few
    questions

    i put it on the "food" present mode and took a picture of a plate of food,
    but it didn't add the steam? why is this?

    and then i got a big mac and took a photo of it and it didn't make it look
    any better. in fact, it was still really ugly and disgusting

    also, i have checked the preset modes - portraits, sports, night - but i
    didn't find the "nude" setting. so where do i find it?

    so then i took off all my clothes and was walking down the beach taking
    photos, but the photos didn't come out any better. can anybody tell me why?

    and the lifesavers ran out to save me, but they didn't rub my nude body with
    sunbathing oil. isn't there somebody i can complain to?

    then i thought of using the sports mode while i was at the beach. so i ran
    into the water to take a photo of the surfers, but then my camera stopped
    working. is there a proper way to dry the camera out? i used my beach
    towel but it was sandy

    i read that in the korean war the press photographers had a handbook that
    told them how to use their camera as a weapon in an emergency. i started
    hitting the japanese tourists at the beach with my camera but it didn't kill
    them

    however, i did find one interesting thing about the camera. maybe this will
    be useful to someone. if you take the battery out and put the battery
    terminals on your tongue, you get a funny feeling. it's kind of like sex

    oh yeah, that's another thing. i couldn't find the sex mode on the preset
    dial. could somebody tell me how to set the camera to vibrate?

    thanks for any help

    haha

    graciette belform, Dec 13, 2004

  2. graciette belform

    Des Perado Guest

    "graciette belform" <> wrote in message

    > however, i did find one interesting thing about the camera. maybe this
    > will
    > be useful to someone. if you take the battery out and put the battery
    > terminals on your tongue, you get a funny feeling. it's kind of like sex

    And that is without doubt the only sex you will ever experience.

    Des Perado, Dec 13, 2004

  3. graciette belform

    Frank Vuotto Guest

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:38:35 +1000, "graciette belform" <>
    wrote:

    >hello i am a newbie and i just bought a new digital camera but i have a few
    >questions

    Keep us up on your progress.

    Frank Vuotto, Dec 13, 2004
  4. This is clearly one more of these people who makes silly posts on
    hundreds of groups, crossposted to their own group for tracking.

    Tell us, Graciette, what do you get out of it? I am curious. How about
    real dialogue instead?

    --
    - Eolake
    --

    http://MacCreator.com

    Eolake Stobblehouse, Dec 13, 2004
  5. graciette belform

    nb Guest

    > then i thought of using the sports mode while i was at the beach. so i

    ran
    > into the water to take a photo of the surfers, but then my camera stopped
    > working. is there a proper way to dry the camera out? i used my beach
    > towel but it was sandy

    Take the camera and place it in a saucepan of water on your stove . Ensure
    that the water covers the camera by at least 2 cm and slowly bring to the
    boil. Boil for at least one hour, over a moderate heart, to make sure that
    any salt from the seawater has been thoroughly dissolved. You can also use
    the water from this session as the base for a soup.

    Repeat with another saucepan of fresh water to be perfectly sure that the
    salt has been removed.

    Lightly pat the camera dry with a clean tea towel and then place in your
    tumble dryer on high for about 20 to 30 minutes. Don't include any clothes
    as they will leave dust on your camera. You need to use the tumble dryer to
    ensure that the moisture has been removed from the interior of the camera.

    Should you not have a tumble dryer then you can try a domestic oven at about
    180 degrees C for 40 to 45 minutes ( you can of course do this at the same
    time as cooking a roast or cimilar as long as you carefully wrap the camera
    in heavy duty plastic so that it doesn't become greasy)

    Good Luck.

    nb, Dec 13, 2004
  6. graciette belform

    Nostrobino Guest

    > hello i am a newbie and i just bought a new digital camera but i have a
    > few
    > questions
    >
    > i put it on the "food" present mode and took a picture of a plate of food,
    > but it didn't add the steam? why is this?

    You didn't have it in "steam" mode.

    > and then i got a big mac and took a photo of it and it didn't make it look
    > any better. in fact, it was still really ugly and disgusting
    >
    > also, i have checked the preset modes - portraits, sports, night - but i
    > didn't find the "nude" setting. so where do i find it?

    The "nude" setting is concealed until you enter your age. This is to protect
    the morals of small children, and works somewhat like the V-chip on a TV.

    > so then i took off all my clothes and was walking down the beach taking
    > photos, but the photos didn't come out any better. can anybody tell me
    > why?
    >
    > and the lifesavers ran out to save me, but they didn't rub my nude body
    > with
    > sunbathing oil. isn't there somebody i can complain to?

    Yes, the camera manufacturer. They want to know about these malfunctions.

    > then i thought of using the sports mode while i was at the beach. so i
    > ran
    > into the water to take a photo of the surfers, but then my camera stopped
    > working. is there a proper way to dry the camera out? i used my beach
    > towel but it was sandy

    Sand is okay for the camera, though it may damage the towel by abrasion.

    > i read that in the korean war the press photographers had a handbook that
    > told them how to use their camera as a weapon in an emergency. i started
    > hitting the japanese tourists at the beach with my camera but it didn't
    > kill
    > them

    Now I don't believe you really did that. I think at this point in your post
    you are starting to exaggerate and maybe even fib a little.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Dec 15, 2004