    model that can do this? Maybe one of those credit card cameras?
    Thanks for any info.
    -Kent

    Kent, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Kent

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Kent" <> wrote in
    news:dHwZa.5346$:

    > I'm looking for a very
    > compact, lightweight camera that has the ability to automatically take
    > a set number of pictures at set intervals, like taking 20 pictures
    > every 30 seconds or taking 10 pictures every 60 seconds, etc.

    Are you going to have a laptop? For most (all?) cameras, I think you need a
    computer/laptop to do time lapse photography.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Kent

    Andy Boylan Guest

    Canon G5.

    Cheers

    Andy

    "Kent" <> wrote in message
    > I've never owned a digital camera but would be interested to know if any

    of

    Andy Boylan, Aug 10, 2003
  4. Kent

    Don Coon Guest

    "Lucas Tam" <> wrote in message
    > "Kent" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I'm looking for a very
    > > compact, lightweight camera that has the ability to automatically take
    > > a set number of pictures at set intervals, like taking 20 pictures
    > > every 30 seconds or taking 10 pictures every 60 seconds, etc.

    > Are you going to have a laptop? For most (all?) cameras, I think you need

    > computer/laptop to do time lapse photography.

    Most. The 10D can do it with the $130 TC-80N3 Timer Remote Controller.

    Don Coon, Aug 10, 2003
  5. Kent

    Mark M Guest

    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

    > "Lucas Tam" <> wrote in message
    > > "Kent" <> wrote in
    > >
    > > > I'm looking for a very
    > > > compact, lightweight camera that has the ability to automatically take
    > > > a set number of pictures at set intervals, like taking 20 pictures
    > > > every 30 seconds or taking 10 pictures every 60 seconds, etc.

    > > Are you going to have a laptop? For most (all?) cameras, I think you

    need
    > > computer/laptop to do time lapse photography.

    > Most. The 10D can do it with the $130 TC-80N3 Timer Remote Controller.

    While the 80N3 does have an intervalometer, it is not really designed for
    time-lapse photography, since the maximum number of shots is 99. For true
    time lapse progression sequences, most people will want far more images than
    that.

    Mark M, Aug 10, 2003
  6. Kent

    Don Coon Guest

    "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Lucas Tam" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Kent" <> wrote in

    take

    > > > Are you going to have a laptop? For most (all?) cameras, I think you

    > need
    > > > computer/laptop to do time lapse photography.

    > > Most. The 10D can do it with the $130 TC-80N3 Timer Remote Controller.

    > While the 80N3 does have an intervalometer, it is not really designed for
    > time-lapse photography, since the maximum number of shots is 99. For true
    > time lapse progression sequences, most people will want far more images

    than
    > that.

    Good point. Hope they purchase a large CF card : )

    Don Coon, Aug 10, 2003
  7. Kent

    Peter Roed Guest

    Canon S50 will do it. Both with and without laptop.

    Peter Roed, Aug 11, 2003
  8. Kent

    Ptarmigan Guest

    Canon G3 & G5 will do it very well.
    HTH
    Brian--
    Checked using Norton Antivirus 2003

    Ptarmigan, Aug 11, 2003
  9. Kent

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Searching DPreview.com, it shows the Canon higher end Powershots (s50 and Gx
    series and the DSLRs like Canon, Fuji S2 and Kodak Dn having time lapse
    capability.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 11, 2003
  10. Ptarmigan wrote:

    > Canon G3 & G5 will do it very well.

    Yes and not only via the camera solo with your limited memory card, but you can
    have your computer control it for this as well and take thousands of photos no
    matter what size card you have as it just stores the shots on the computer if
    you want.

    But you can do it without a computer too. The camera will even power down
    after it takes the last shot and wait for you to come and retrieve it.

    Jon Wordsworth, Aug 11, 2003