    forensics programs. I've been looking around and their seems to be a
    bunch of them that say they have good programs, but i was just
    wondering if anybody has attended or know someone that has. Thanks.

    derekman9, May 24, 2006

  2. derekman9

    Noname Guest

    "derekman9" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking to go to college and was wondering if there were any
    > reputable online schools that have computer security or computer
    > forensics programs. I've been looking around and their seems to be a
    > bunch of them that say they have good programs, but i was just
    > wondering if anybody has attended or know someone that has. Thanks.

    Guidance (encase) has training for their software. Neither the software or
    the training is inexpensive.
    But, their product is recognized as a leader worldwide.

    Perhaps someone who has completed the encase training can comment re jobs
    and $'s?

    Noname, May 24, 2006

  3. derekman9

    Todd H. Guest

    "derekman9" <> writes:

    > I'm looking to go to college and was wondering if there were any
    > reputable online schools that have computer security or computer
    > forensics programs. I've been looking around and their seems to be a
    > bunch of them that say they have good programs, but i was just
    > wondering if anybody has attended or know someone that has. Thanks.

    SANS now has an accredited masters program in computer security that
    should have a lot of weight behind it. I have no first hand
    experience, but their repuation with their education is very good.

    http://www.sans.edu/

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., May 24, 2006
  4. derekman9

    derekman9 Guest

    I've heard sans has a good program, but all I see on the website is to
    masters degree programs. Do they have certificate programs as well?

    derekman9, May 24, 2006
  5. derekman9

    Todd H. Guest

    "derekman9" <> writes:

    > I've heard sans has a good program, but all I see on the website is to
    > masters degree programs. Do they have certificate programs as well?

    Oh, yeah. That was all they had before they got the accedited ms
    program.
    http://sans.org/

    Scroll to the bottom to get the names of their certification tracks.

    They provide training towards a lot of different certs, GIAC, etc.

    Training roadmaps available here:
    http://sans.org/conference/trainingroadmap.php

    --
    Todd H.