    --
    Matt

    rmp phamily album: http://www.recmusicphish.com
    kiwi, Mar 28, 2006

  2. kiwi

    philo Guest

    "kiwi" <> wrote in message
    news:Hg0Wf.9200$...
    > When ripping CDs into iTunes, my computer locks up... the CD spins up, it
    > starts extracting the first track, then after about 15 seconds the
    > computer locks up for a second... the cd spins down, then the comp unlocks
    > after about 5 seconds... then 10-15 seconds later, the cursor locks up and
    > I have to restart.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    what are your machine specs?
    (cpu speed and RAM)

    also...are you running other applications at the time?

    if so shut some or all of them down
    philo, Mar 28, 2006

  3. kiwi

    kiwi Guest

    philo wrote:
    > what are your machine specs?
    > (cpu speed and RAM)

    Athlon 64 3000+
    1GB PC2700 DDR SDRAM
    WinXP Pro
    Integrated Sound
    GeForce 6800 video card

    > also...are you running other applications at the time?

    not really... well, there are lots of other processes running that start
    up upon startup... i'll try ending all the unnecessary processes and try
    again...

    kiwi, Mar 28, 2006
  4. kiwi

    philo Guest

    "kiwi" <> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    >> what are your machine specs?
    >> (cpu speed and RAM)

    > Athlon 64 3000+
    > 1GB PC2700 DDR SDRAM
    > WinXP Pro
    > Integrated Sound
    > GeForce 6800 video card
    >
    >> also...are you running other applications at the time?

    > not really... well, there are lots of other processes running that start
    > up upon startup... i'll try ending all the unnecessary processes and try
    > again...

    well with those machine specs...even a few apps running should not hurt too
    much...
    have you made any changes to your machine recently?
    (assuming it worked right at one time)
    philo, Mar 28, 2006
  5. kiwi

    fred-bloggs Guest

    kiwi <> wrote in news:Hg0Wf.9200$Mj.6413
    @twister.nyroc.rr.com:

    > When ripping CDs into iTunes, my computer locks up... the CD spins up,
    > it starts extracting the first track, then after about 15 seconds the
    > computer locks up for a second... the cd spins down, then the comp
    > unlocks after about 5 seconds... then 10-15 seconds later, the cursor
    > locks up and I have to restart.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Try ripping with CDex. Does it do the same?

    fred
    fred-bloggs, Mar 28, 2006