    designing a Cisco network. But, that's too limited for my needs.

    Any suggestions?

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Fred Atkinson

    Jens Link Guest

    Fred Atkinson <> writes:

    > Can anyone on here recommend a budget, shareware, or freeware
    > package that would allow you to draw a communications system (sort of
    > like a blueprint)? I can't afford an arm or a leg, but I can spend a
    > small amount of money on it.

    At work I use MS-Visio[1], but I guess it is to expensive, you might
    take a look at dia (http://dia-installer.sourceforge.net/).

    Jens

    Footnotes:
    [1] I can't believe it. I'm really recommending MS software.

    Jens Link, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Can anyone on here recommend a budget, shareware, or freeware
    > package that would allow you to draw a communications system (sort of
    > like a blueprint)? I can't afford an arm or a leg, but I can spend a
    > small amount of money on it.

    [snip]

    download from www.smartdraw.com to see if that will work for you.
    (other's already mentioned other alternatives like dia and/or netviz -
    though netviz might be expensive)

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Nov 30, 2004
  4. I downloaded DIA and tried to run it. I keep getting this
    error message (a DOS box pops up and this is displayed in it): I/O
    warning : failed to load external entity "NULL".

    Any suggestions?

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Dec 2, 2004
  5. I downloaded Smartdraw. I nearly choked when I saw what the
    price for it would be.

    It does seem to be a good package, though.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Fred Atkinson

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I downloaded Smartdraw. I nearly choked when I saw what the
    > price for it would be.
    >
    > It does seem to be a good package, though.

    When I looked at it, it was like $50 or $100 bucks. I take the price is
    much higher now?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Dec 3, 2004
  7. The Technical Edition is now $198. Smartdraw Suite is $297.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Dec 3, 2004
  8. Fred Atkinson

    Al Dykes Guest

    In article <>,
    Hansang Bae <> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> I downloaded Smartdraw. I nearly choked when I saw what the
    >> price for it would be.
    >>
    >> It does seem to be a good package, though.

    >When I looked at it, it was like $50 or $100 bucks. I take the price is
    >much higher now?
    >
    >--
    >
    >hsb

    Take a look at dia, an open source visio sort-of-work-alike.

    http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/

    It's trivial to install, and works fine on my windoes and linux
    machines.

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
    ----