communication between to hosts behind NAT

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by jyotish, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. jyotish

    jyotish Guest

    Hi,

    I have a very difficult time figuring out this...

    I have two computers who sends each other messages using UDP. Both
    machines are behind NAT. I m requesting STUN server to find out both
    machines global addresses(Mapped IP and Mapped Port). But the mapped
    port is not constant and keeps on changing very frequently. So, even
    if first connection is made, once we loose the connection, the
    mappings are lost. So, basically, is there any way to preserve the same
    mapped ip and port?

    In a nutshell, i have to computers behind NAT, and i want a
    commnunication between them, whenever i need. Just like how messengers
    do.

    Hope someone can give me some direction. Thanks a lot in advance....

    jyotish, Apr 2, 2006