    Any ideas.

    --
    Jerry
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgSG9kc29u?=, Dec 22, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgSG9kc29u?=

    Theo Guest

    What about contacting the manufacturer and/or vendor about
    software drivers for Win x64? That's probably the most
    expedient way to get answers and/or the needed software.

    Theo, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Jerry Hodson wrote:
    > What is required to make a Windows XP x64 bit system work with the CAC Card
    > (Smart Card reader).
    > We have a couple of Dell sytems with Dell smart card keyboards, but we
    > cannot make these systems CAC required for login.
    > When we attempt it, we get a Logon Message Dialog box that state "The card
    > require drivers that are not present on this system."
    >
    > Any ideas.

    Besides the WinXPx64-specific device drivers for the Dell keyboard, you
    would need to install whatever 3rd party interface application you use
    to provide the necessary interaction between the card and the domain
    controllers, such as ActivCard, etc.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Dec 22, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgSG9kc29u?=

    Guest

    On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:00:00 -0800, Jerry Hodson
    <> wrote:

    >What is required to make a Windows XP x64 bit system work with the CAC Card
    >(Smart Card reader).
    >We have a couple of Dell sytems with Dell smart card keyboards, but we
    >cannot make these systems CAC required for login.
    >When we attempt it, we get a Logon Message Dialog box that state "The card
    >require drivers that are not present on this system."
    >
    >Any ideas.

    If this is for a DOD system, might want to brush up on the current
    reg's. XP Pro x64, and all flavors of Vista are not authorized...yet.
    , Dec 23, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgSG9kc29u?=

    Theo Guest

    If this is a DOD situation, as posted in another group, you
    might be playing with fire when you go outside the DOD
    authorized channels for assistance with their security software.

    If this DOD security software, I wouldn't touch this one
    with a 10-foot pole!!

    Theo, Dec 23, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgSG9kc29u?=

    Theo Guest