Commodore 64 - A New Computer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ionizer, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Ionizer

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Ionizer

    Rob K Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, Ionizer wrote:

    <snipped>
    > Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles

    The good old C64 - the 'computer' I wrote my first (and last) machine
    code for - a bouncing ball.
    Thanks Ian.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Ionizer

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:30:26 +0100, Rob K <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, Ionizer wrote:
    >
    ><snipped>
    >> Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles

    >The good old C64 - the 'computer' I wrote my first (and last) machine
    >code for - a bouncing ball.
    >Thanks Ian.

    Wow, brings back memories. I wrote some stuff that made bird sounds on
    my C64. What fun. My first and only code.
    joevan

    joevan, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Ionizer

    Rob K Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:35:03 GMT, joevan wrote:

    <snip>
    > Wow, brings back memories. I wrote some stuff that made bird sounds on
    > my C64. What fun. My first and only code.
    > joevan

    My very first 'PC' had a stunning 1KB memory. Must look in the attic.
    Maybe we can create a C64 bouncing ball making bird sounds ;)

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Jan 10, 2005
  5. Ionizer

    Voltardo Guest

    Rob K wrote:

    > On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, Ionizer wrote:
    >
    > <snipped>
    >
    >>Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles

    > The good old C64 - the 'computer' I wrote my first (and last) machine
    > code for - a bouncing ball.
    > Thanks Ian.

    Mine was two balloons that passed left to right and you could shoot them
    down with a missile. The happiest hours were spent playing Q-Bert. I got
    through the 7th and last level but there were no drum rolls, nothing as
    I had expected. <sigh> Good ole days, indeed.

    Voltardo, Jan 11, 2005
  6. Ionizer

    BIG NIGE Guest

    Used to have great fun playing the text adventure games. (and then great
    advances - some of them had PICTURES).

    BIG NIGE, Jan 11, 2005
  7. Ionizer

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, "Ionizer" <> wrote:

    >http://groups-beta.google.com/group/net.micro/browse_thread/thread/0c53b63bebd15e8c#e9d10900725db18d
    >
    >Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles
    >here: http://www.google.com/googlegroups/archive_announce_20.html

    For a while I was an assistant sysop on the Compuserve C'64 forums.

    One thing that is sorely missing - Commodore had an online service
    which later morphed into AOL. Well, they dumped Commodore without
    giving people time to archive the messages, uploaded programs, et
    alia.

    Here is a joke only for 6502-ish geeks. What do C'64 machine language
    programmers have for breakfast? A short stack.

    Joel Rubin, Jan 11, 2005
  8. Wow---hey what about those great 5.25 disks----hey hey hey smarter than the
    average ranger -boo-boo

    Michael Raley, Jan 11, 2005
  9. Ionizer

    Guest

    I like this Commodore 64! Never needed to get the 128. Sure was hard
    to load Windows Xp though!!!!!!Think I should update?

    Haha. Really, thanks for posting these archives. They were so fun to
    read and live over again!
    -Stephen

    , Jan 11, 2005
  10. Voltardo wrote:

    >>> Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet
    >>> articles

    >> The good old C64 - the 'computer' I wrote my first (and last)
    >> machine code for - a bouncing ball. Thanks Ian.

    > Mine was two balloons that passed left to right and you could shoot
    > them down with a missile. The happiest hours were spent playing
    > Q-Bert. I got through the 7th and last level but there were no drum
    > rolls, nothing as I had expected. <sigh> Good ole days, indeed.

    Damn... I can still remember MOST of the "debug" program I used
    frequently when the disk drive cocked up....

    10 open 8
    20 read $,8
    30 print $
    40 close 8

    ...or SOMETHING like that... damn, it HAS been a long time!

    --

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 13, 2005