    but I cannot find that on my cat 3550. is it a revision level issue??

    Thanks

    Simon

    Simon Watson, Nov 19, 2004

  2. In article <Y1pnd.234$>,
    Simon Watson <> wrote:
    :I'm looking in CCO but cannot find it yet. I'm sure the Cat 3550 supports
    :the Bandwidth limiting CAR, But what is the command for it on the routers it
    :is "rate xxxxxx"

    :but I cannot find that on my cat 3550. is it a revision level issue??

    The actual command is 'rate-limit'. It's been superceded according to
    this document:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk545/technologies_tech_note09186a00800d7276.shtml

    Here's a document on what the 3550 supports:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_tech_note09186a00800feff5.shtml

    The 3550-12T is the only one that advertises CAR support, and it's
    very hard to get to that datasheet from any of the 3550 menus:

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca3550/prodlit/3550p_ds.htm

    Hmmm, no wonder it's so hard to get to from the menus -- there aren't
    *any* links to it from anywhere else!

    I would say, then, that CAR support as such was withdrawn or never
    made it to the 3550 series. See the first document I referenced for
    information on how to do effectively the same thing.
    --
    Would you buy a used bit from this man??

    Walter Roberson, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Simon Watson

    Steinar Haug Guest

    [Walter Roberson]

    | The 3550-12T is the only one that advertises CAR support, and it's
    | very hard to get to that datasheet from any of the 3550 menus:
    |
    | http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca3550/prodlit/3550p_ds.htm
    |
    | Hmmm, no wonder it's so hard to get to from the menus -- there aren't
    | *any* links to it from anywhere else!
    |
    | I would say, then, that CAR support as such was withdrawn or never
    | made it to the 3550 series. See the first document I referenced for
    | information on how to do effectively the same thing.

    Yup, 3550 does not support CAR (not even the 3550-12T). Use class-map/
    policy-map/service-policy.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Nov 19, 2004