    Sipura SPA-841

    Any comments on this phone....

    Glen.

    GC, Oct 2, 2005

  2. GC

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "GC" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Hi guys
    >
    > OK - Decided to go with a true hardware phone (not the
    > ebay one as shown in my earlier post) , can't go above
    > 100 quid so looking at Sipura SPA-841
    >
    > Any comments on this phone....
    >
    > Glen.

    I've not used it but if it's anything like their ATA's you won't have a
    problem, Sipura is well built kit. It will handle up to 4 independent SIP
    accounts too, which is a plus point.

    Let us know how you get on.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 2, 2005

  3. GC

    GC Guest

    Thanks for reply Ivor.

    Glen.

    GC, Oct 2, 2005
  4. GC

    7 Guest

    GC wrote:

    > Hi guys
    >
    > OK - Decided to go with a true hardware phone (not the ebay one as
    > shown in my earlier post) , can't go above 100 quid so looking at
    > Sipura SPA-841
    >
    > Any comments on this phone....
    >
    > Glen.

    Because of the price hikes on these items *ONLY*,
    I decided to buy a PAP2 that has two phone lines,
    and dual handset DECT phones, and still
    have a spare line to hand for other uses, and still
    spend less money in total!!!!

    Otherwise I would have bought WiFI ones because I already
    have WiFI, but they are even more expensive.

    7, Oct 2, 2005
  5. GC

    Matt Guest

    GC wrote:
    > Any comments on this phone....

    Good phone. Nice display that has two lines so can show names as well as
    numbers (big improvement over the Grandstream I had previously). Web
    interface is easy to use (even if there are too many options). Sound
    quality is good via the handset although the speaker isn't all that great.

    Matt.

    Matt, Oct 3, 2005
  6. GC

    alexd Guest

    GC wrote:

    > Hi guys
    >
    > OK - Decided to go with a true hardware phone (not the ebay one as
    > shown in my earlier post) , can't go above 100 quid so looking at
    > Sipura SPA-841
    >
    > Any comments on this phone....

    Don't try and use the screen in dim light, it has no backlight. I had to
    hack my own in, using blue tack and some white LEDs. You'll probably want
    to replace the cable for the handset, as it is of the lowest quality. Web
    interface is usable, and the firmware seems to updated on a fairly regular
    basis, which is always a good sign. I like the build quality and the
    plastics used. The sound quality is poor in the earlier firmware releases.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:02:08 up 7 days, 5:26, 2 users, load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.00

    alexd, Oct 3, 2005