Comments on 70-271 passed today

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Jerry Mills, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Jerry Mills

    Jerry Mills Guest

    Whew, passed on first try. First time taking any cert tests.

    For those who are procrastinating, like I did for YEARS, I would suggest you
    don't wait until you think you are ready. Just schedule the test, give
    yourself a month or so study time, and get it on. That's what I ended up
    doing and it put me in the position of having to study because I had a test
    date confirmed. That said, I would have to say that I found the Measure Up
    sample questions to be very good preparation. The ones that come on the CD
    with the MS Press book for 70-271 were good. I used that along with the
    book. I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes they were helpful as
    well. Another good resource I used was the MS Press Book WindowsXP Inside
    and Out. Taking the sample tests and using the books to review the missed
    questions worked quite well for me. I actually thought the MeasureUp sample
    tests were harder then the actual test. Did I ace the test? No, but I'm
    happy with the 866 that I got. If I ever get a handle on Share vs NTFS
    permissions and effects of combining, I could come close to acing it? That
    was weak for me. But that brings up another point. You can be weak in one
    area as long as you can offset it by being strong in the others.

    --

    Jerry Mills

    http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/

    Jerry Mills, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Congratz !!

    Michel Vaillant, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Jerry Mills

    Hartman Guest

    Jerry, that is so funny. I have been doing the samething for YEARS. On
    June 1st, I made up my mind, scheduled the test for July 1st and I had to
    study. I passed as well.

    Maybe someone can shed some light on this, but aren't Test King products
    braindumps?

    Hartman, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Jerry Mills

    Jerry Mills Guest

    Great minds think alike. Congrats on your passing as well. No, the ones I
    got from Test King were not brain dumps. If they were, then they were
    miserably bad because I do not recall seeing one question that came directly
    from them. Test King is simply a series of questions that you might see on
    the test along with explanations of the answers and references to read more
    about the concepts. The only help I think Test King was, was in helping me
    identify the areas I needed to brush up on more then others. In other words,
    they covered the concepts OK. Actually, I think the MeasureUp tests are much
    closer to the actual test. I recalled several questions on the test that I
    had seen in the MeasureUp tests. I actually found two Test King questions
    that were wrong and sent them screen shots to prove it to them. I got a weak
    apology from them. I lost a little confidence in that source after that. I
    won't spend the money on Test King for the 272 test, I'll just stick with
    MeasureUp.
    --

    Jerry Mills
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/

    Jerry Mills, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Jerry Mills

    Hartman Guest

    I also seen quite a few questions on the test from the MeasureUp questions.

    Hartman, Jul 3, 2005
  6. Jerry Mills

    CBIC Guest

    No, the
    > ones I got from Test King were not brain dumps.

    Bull.

    If they were, then
    > they were miserably bad because I do not recall seeing one question
    > that came directly from them.

    The pool of questions is very large.

    What the H3ll do you think a br@indump is?

    Actually, I think the MeasureUp tests are much
    > closer to the actual test. I recalled several questions on the test
    > that I had seen in the MeasureUp tests.

    Yet MeasureUp is approved by M$ while TK is not. Weird huh?

    I actually found two Test
    > King questions that were wrong

    This is not uncommon.

    and sent them screen shots to prove it
    > to them. I got a weak apology from them. I lost a little confidence
    > in that source after that.

    Good glad to hear it.

    I won't spend the money on Test King for
    > the 272 test, I'll just stick with MeasureUp.

    Good for you. Then I won't have to report you to tctips again.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jul 5, 2005
  7. Jerry Mills

    T-Bone Guest

    "Jerry Mills" <> wrote
    >I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes they were helpful as well.

    Very good of you to admit in a public forum controlled by MS that you
    cheated on an MS exam.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jul 5, 2005
  8. Jerry Mills

    EJ Guest

    He may not have known it to be cheating. I didn't know it a month ago. The
    only reason I've never used them myself is that I couldn't see paying for
    practice tests on line when they come free with MS books.
    Just because you know something doesn't mean everyone else does as well.
    It's like being drunk. When you're drunk you assume that everyone else is,
    too. Not always the case.

    EJ, Jul 5, 2005
  9. Jerry Mills

    CBIC Guest

    EJ wrote:
    > He may not have known it to be cheating. I didn't know it a month
    > ago. The only reason I've never used them myself is that I couldn't
    > see paying for practice tests on line when they come free with MS
    > books.
    > Just because you know something doesn't mean everyone else does as
    > well. It's like being drunk. When you're drunk you assume that
    > everyone else is, too. Not always the case.

    Sorry, but saying "Gee officer, I didn't know I couldn't drive 90 mph while
    smoking crack" doesn't get you out of trouble either.

    CBIC, Jul 5, 2005
  10. Jerry Mills

    Jerry Mills Guest

    I have no clue who you are but I certainly resent the implication you are
    making that I cheated. Feel free to report me to whoever you please, I have
    no problem defending anything I did to prepare for my test. I challenge you
    to post one piece of evidence from the Test King website that makes them a
    "brain dump". Do you have a clue as to what a brain dump really is? (That's
    a rehtorical question, I already know the answer) Are you saying that the
    MeasureUp questions that MIcrosoft includes with their training kit is also a
    brain dump? If not, how do they differ from Test King? Trancenders are
    brain dumps? Get a clue please before you so rudely throw your accusations
    around. I don't like my integrity questioned by your ignorance.
    --

    Jerry Mills
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/

    Jerry Mills, Jul 5, 2005
  11. Jerry Mills

    Jerry Mills Guest

    If you believe that, turn me in. How many more of you clueless jerks reside
    here?
    --

    Jerry Mills
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/

    Jerry Mills, Jul 6, 2005
  12. Jerry Mills

    T-Bone Guest

    "Jerry Mills" <> wrote
    > If you believe that, turn me in. How many more of you clueless jerks

    reside
    > here?

    So you think its okay to cheat? What part of testking's advertised "100%
    real test questions" did you not think might be cheating? Look at the
    website for pete's sake. Their lies are good, but they are partnered with
    companies like mcsebraindumps.

    Brain dumps are cheating. They are created by paying people to memorize
    questions from the actual test and the put them into their "study guides".
    Just doing a google search on the newsgroups, you'll see what I mean. And
    one of the biggest complaints is that on a regular basis their answers
    aren't even right.

    The best way to avoid getting duped is stick with places recommended on the
    MS site.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jul 6, 2005
  13. Jerry Mills

    CBIC Guest

    Jerry Mills wrote:
    > I have no clue who you are but I certainly resent the implication you
    > are making that I cheated.

    It doesn't matter who I am but I hope more people like me who are sick of
    their certs being worth nothing will report cheaters more often.

    Feel free to report me to whoever you
    > please, I have no problem defending anything I did to prepare for my
    > test.

    That's good. Why don't you just to prove your point call MS or email tctips
    (at) microsoft.com and give them your mcp number and tell them that you used
    tk to "prepare" for your test.

    I challenge you to post one piece of evidence from the Test
    > King website that makes them a "brain dump".

    Look, they give you actual test questions which people have stolen from the
    MS tests. They are stealing MS intelectual property and you're buying it.
    That's cheating plain and simple.

    Do you have a clue as
    > to what a brain dump really is? (That's a rehtorical question, I
    > already know the answer)

    I'm not so sure that you do.

    Are you saying that the MeasureUp questions
    > that MIcrosoft includes with their training kit is also a brain dump?

    No, MeasureUp is approved by MS

    > If not, how do they differ from Test King?

    Again, tk uses actual questions stolen from tests.

    Trancenders are brain
    > dumps?

    This is a gray area to me. Some say yes others say no.

    Get a clue please before you so rudely throw your accusations
    > around.

    I think it is you that needs to get a clue. Did you bother to read the NDA
    before you took the test? You clearly violated it by using tk products.

    I don't like my integrity questioned by your ignorance.

    I don't think you did this on purpose so I'm not questioning your integrity
    but I certainly question your intelligence.

    CBIC, Jul 6, 2005
  14. Jerry Mills

    CBIC Guest

    You don't know that tk is a br@indump and we're clueless. Good one.

    CBIC, Jul 6, 2005
  15. Jerry Mills

    Chris Guest

    "T-Bone" wrote:

    > "Jerry Mills" <> wrote
    > >I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes they were helpful as well.

    > Very good of you to admit in a public forum controlled by MS that you
    > cheated on an MS exam.
    > --
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL

    Your such an idiot, "T-Bone." Microsoft doesn't control this newsgroup.
    Read the Privacy Policy, creatin with the maturity of a 12 year old. Here,
    I'll post it for you because you obviously don't know where it is to read it.

    "T-Bone" so damn gay.

    Microsoft has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services..."
    "Microsoft does not control or endorse the content, messages or information
    found in any Communication Services and, therefore, Microsoft specifically
    disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any
    actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services."

    http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx

    Chris, Jul 7, 2005
  16. Jerry Mills

    Chris Guest

    "T-Bone" wrote:

    > "Jerry Mills" <> wrote
    > >I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes they were helpful as well.

    > Very good of you to admit in a public forum controlled by MS that you
    > cheated on an MS exam.
    > --
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL

    why don't you go back to the other message boards like:
    examnotes.net
    certfaq.com
    mcse.ms
    dbforums.com
    talkcertification.com
    msusenet.com
    eggheadcafe.com
    aboutmscertraining.com
    thetechtwo.com
    adras.com
    nthelp.de
    certification-forum.com
    newsarch.com
    techieone.com

    Not much of a life if all you do is post messages on all these forums.

    Chris, Jul 7, 2005
  17. Jerry Mills

    T-Bone Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote
    > why don't you go back to the other message boards like:

    <snip>
    > Not much of a life if all you do is post messages on all these forums.

    Then I'm glad that I don't post there. I prefer these *newsgroups*. See, if
    you want to advance your certifications, you are going to have to learn the
    difference between a web forum and a newsgroup. Learning to use a real
    newsreader will prevent you from making stupid posts like that one.

    Now if you had the time to find all of those web forums and type in those
    names, tell me who needs a life? Then again, I guess you didn't actually
    read any of them, otherwise maybe you would have realized what I am mocking
    you about.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jul 7, 2005
  18. Jerry Mills

    T-Bone Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote
    > Your such an idiot, "T-Bone." Microsoft doesn't control this newsgroup.

    *Chuckle* Obviously you are new at this. What part of the domain name
    microsoft.com in your web browser led you to believe that?

    > Read the Privacy Policy, creatin with the maturity of a 12 year old.

    Well if was created for the maturity of a 12-year old then you would
    understand it wouldn't you?

    > "T-Bone" so damn gay.

    Ah, the homo-erotic insult. Classic tools of the lamer.

    > Microsoft has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services..."
    > "Microsoft does not control or endorse the content, messages or

    information
    > found in any Communication Services and, therefore, Microsoft specifically
    > disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any
    > actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services."

    Allright, let me explain what this says in small words so you'll understand
    it:

    Microsoft doesn't *have* to watch these groups (but they do).
    Microsoft doesn't control what gets posted and you can't hold them
    responsible or sue them for what you read.

    So Microsoft is not responsible for what happens in the newsgroups. However,
    the *individual* is still responsible for what they post. So if someone
    violates the NDA or cheats on the exam (the point in my previous post),
    Microsoft is very interested in knowing about that. I'm just doing them a
    favour by reporting it.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jul 7, 2005
  19. Jerry Mills

    Jerry Mills Guest

    Just for the record, I took it upon myself to communicate my test methods
    with Microsoft at MCP. It took awhile to get an answer from them, thus the
    delay in replying. I will be taking the next test soon. I'll also refrain
    from appearing here since there is little help here and the few that like to
    jump on everyone's comments with uncalled for accusations make the visit
    less then enjoyable. Have a great...

    --

    Jerry Mills

    Jerry Mills, Jul 13, 2005