Comments : Kerio Personal Firewall 4

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Mr Maggoo, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Mr Maggoo

    Mr Maggoo Guest

    Hello,

    I've just installed the new Kerio Personal Firewall 4 fresh from
    http://www.kerio.com , and was just wondering who else here uses this
    product.

    I've known that this version of Kerio's firewall has been in beta for a
    while, but now it's obviously passed some final testing as it's the only
    'personal' firewall I could find now on the Kerio website.

    No trouble operating it here, although I would say it's very aggressive with
    regard to what applications are doing, even when installing them. I've never
    seen this before. I guess that's got to be a good thing.

    Nice layout and pretty good set of features. I didn't think anything was
    particularly wrong with the 2.1.xxx versions, but this new version is
    certainly doing no wrong here.

    Anyone have any bad experiences with this program ? Crashes etc ?

    Cheers.

    Regards,

    Pete.

    Mr Maggoo, Nov 27, 2003

  2. On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:41:37 +0000, Mr Maggoo
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I've just installed the new Kerio Personal Firewall 4 fresh from
    >http://www.kerio.com , and was just wondering who else here uses this
    >product.
    >
    >I've known that this version of Kerio's firewall has been in beta for a
    >while, but now it's obviously passed some final testing as it's the only
    >'personal' firewall I could find now on the Kerio website.
    >
    >No trouble operating it here, although I would say it's very aggressive with
    >regard to what applications are doing, even when installing them. I've never
    >seen this before. I guess that's got to be a good thing.
    >
    >Nice layout and pretty good set of features. I didn't think anything was
    >particularly wrong with the 2.1.xxx versions, but this new version is
    >certainly doing no wrong here.
    >
    >Anyone have any bad experiences with this program ? Crashes etc ?

    It crashed several times on bootup on my Win/98 system. I uninstalled
    it and went back to V2.1.5. I would say that the addition of all
    these new features - and probably lack of adequate testing on Windows
    98 as opposed to 2000 and XP - have probably made the product
    unstable. It may work fine on 2000 and XP, I don't know, but on my
    system it was not usable.

    --
    Richard Steven Hack
    "Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" -

    Richard Steven Hack, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Mr Maggoo

    Mr Maggoo Guest

    Mr Maggoo, Nov 30, 2003