    blocked out harmless non-ads from websites. Yes, you can manually tweak the
    filter to allow certain items, but doing so is quite tedious. I prefer
    Adblock, and manually adding items to the blacklist myself.

    History Fan, Oct 30, 2006

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    news:16c06$4545f775$48311160$...
    > If you are going to try one of these extensions, I would recommend NOT
    > installing a filter. I have found that these filters block too many items
    > I DO want to see. I visited IMDb.com to watch a new movie trailer, and
    > AdBlock Filterset.G Updater blocked it. And the EasyList filter also
    > blocked out harmless non-ads from websites. Yes, you can manually tweak
    > the filter to allow certain items, but doing so is quite tedious. I
    > prefer Adblock, and manually adding items to the blacklist myself.

    On second thought, I would recommend AdBlock Plus. It has more
    options for blocking items on websites.

    History Fan, Oct 30, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > I prefer Adblock, and manually adding items to the blacklist myself.>

    Although doing this is almost like trying to empty the Mississippi
    River with a tea spoon. Since there are millions of ads out there.

    History Fan, Oct 30, 2006
  4. History Fan

    JD Guest

    On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:01:38 -0500, "History Fan"
    <> wrote:

    > If you are going to try one of these extensions, I would recommend NOT
    >installing a filter. I have found that these filters block too many items I
    >DO want to see. I visited IMDb.com to watch a new movie trailer, and
    >AdBlock Filterset.G Updater blocked it. And the EasyList filter also
    >blocked out harmless non-ads from websites. Yes, you can manually tweak the
    >filter to allow certain items, but doing so is quite tedious. I prefer
    >Adblock, and manually adding items to the blacklist myself.

    Add imdb to the whitelist then.

    JD, Oct 30, 2006