    Why will this run in a manual command prompt, but not in a batch ort
    scheduled event command job??

    Any ideas kind people?
    PhilÅ, May 21, 2006

  2. PhilÅ

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya PhilÅ.

    In <news:ZqYbg.9852$> you wrote:

    > Any ideas kind people?

    Why not create a batch file containing the commands and run that?

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, May 21, 2006

  3. PhilÅ

    philo Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I am trying to get this command to work on a XP Command prompt
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe for /R "C:\etivo\" %v in (*HighQual169.wmv) do
    > move "%v" "c:\saved tv\tv shows\"
    >
    > No if I open a command prompt and enter it , it works great, no problems.
    >
    > If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does not run.
    > Errors on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??
    >
    > Why will this run in a manual command prompt, but not in a batch ort
    > scheduled event command job??
    >
    > Any ideas kind people?

    there is a difference between cmd and command in XP
    philo, May 21, 2006
  4. PhilÅ

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Ponder" <> wrote in message
    > Hiya PhilÅ.
    >
    > In <news:ZqYbg.9852$> you wrote:
    >
    >> Any ideas kind people?

    > Why not create a batch file containing the commands and run that?

    <snip>
    > If I try and run it from a *batch* or scheduled event it does not run.
    > Errors
    > on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??

    <snip>

    I guess you missed that.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, May 21, 2006
  5. PhilÅ

    John Holmes Guest

    Ponder blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hiya PhilÅ.
    >
    > In <news:ZqYbg.9852$> you wrote:
    >
    >> Any ideas kind people?

    > Why not create a batch file containing the commands and run that?

    From the OP: "If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does
    not run", you stupid ****.

    --
    Your mother was a desiccated moose who used to eat crumbly biscuits in
    broom cupboards.
    John Holmes, May 21, 2006
  6. PhilÅ

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I am trying to get this command to work on a XP Command prompt
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe for /R "C:\etivo\" %v in (*HighQual169.wmv) do
    > move "%v" "c:\saved tv\tv shows\"
    >
    > No if I open a command prompt and enter it , it works great, no problems.
    >
    > If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does not run.
    > Errors on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??
    >
    > Why will this run in a manual command prompt, but not in a batch ort
    > scheduled event command job??
    >
    > Any ideas kind people?

    What does your *Path* indicate when you enter the Path command at the
    Command Prompt as opposed to issuing the Path command in the batch file?

    It may be the reason as to why things are being found why at the Command
    Prompt while issuing the command but it cannot complete the command while
    running in batch, because the Path may not be the same, which could give the
    not valid situation.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, May 21, 2006
  7. PhilÅ

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Duane Arnold.

    In <news:v5Zbg.4959$> you wrote:

    >> If I try and run it from a *batch* or scheduled event it does not run.
    >> Errors
    >> on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??

    > <snip>
    > I guess you missed that.

    Oops! Yes I did ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, May 21, 2006
  8. PhilÅ

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya John Holmes.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    > From the OP: "If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does
    > not run", you stupid ****.

    I know arsehole, it's been pointed out. Next time I want to speak to you
    I'll pull the fucking flush.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, May 21, 2006
  9. PhilÅ

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya PhilÅ.

    In <news:ZqYbg.9852$> you wrote:

    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe for /R "C:\etivo\" %v in (*HighQual169.wmv) do
    > move "%v" "c:\saved tv\tv shows\"
    > No if I open a command prompt and enter it , it works great, no problems.
    > If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does not run. Errors
    > on command C:Zetivo is not valid or something??

    Thinking about it, check the batch file for obvious errors. C:\ is quite
    close on my keyboard to C:Z

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, May 21, 2006
  10. PhilÅ

    mik3 Guest

    hi
    if you put your commands in batch, make sure change %v to %%v

    eg
    mik3, May 21, 2006
  11. PhilÅ

    John Holmes Guest

    Ponder blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I know arsehole

    Compliment taken.

    --
    Your mother was a sluggish circus performer who ran a flea-circus in the
    gutter.
    John Holmes, May 21, 2006
  12. PhilÅ

    Spuds Guest

    On Sun, 21 May 2006 13:14:05 GMT, Ponder <> wrote:

    >Hiya John Holmes.
    >
    >In <news:> you wrote:
    >
    >> From the OP: "If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it does
    >> not run", you stupid ****.

    > I know arsehole, it's been pointed out. Next time I want to speak to you
    >I'll pull the fucking flush.

    Geez, there's actually someone who hasn't plonked that useless fuckwit?
    If you build a man a fire, he will be warm for a day.
    If you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    Spuds, May 21, 2006
  13. PhilÅ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Spuds spewed forth:
    > On Sun, 21 May 2006 13:14:05 GMT, Ponder <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hiya John Holmes.
    >>
    >> In <news:> you wrote:
    >>
    >>> From the OP: "If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event
    >>> it does not run", you stupid ****.

    >> I know arsehole, it's been pointed out. Next time I want to speak
    >> to you I'll pull the fucking flush.

    > Geez, there's actually someone who hasn't plonked that useless
    > fuckwit?

    LOL! Apparently not.

    Toolman Tim, May 21, 2006
  14. PhilÅ

    John Holmes Guest

    Spuds blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sun, 21 May 2006 13:14:05 GMT, Ponder <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hiya John Holmes.
    >>
    >>In <news:> you wrote:
    >>
    >>> From the OP: "If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it
    >>> does not run", you stupid ****.

    >> I know arsehole, it's been pointed out. Next time I want to speak to
    >> you
    >>I'll pull the fucking flush.

    > Geez, there's actually someone who hasn't plonked that useless
    > fuckwit?

    GFY.

    --
    Your mother was a dopey truck driver who paraded herself nude on an
    uninhabited island.
    John Holmes, May 21, 2006
  15. PhilÅ

    Frank Nawty Guest

    Spuds blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sun, 21 May 2006 13:14:05 GMT, Ponder <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hiya John Holmes.
    >>
    >>In <news:> you wrote:
    >>
    >>> From the OP: "If I try and run it from a batch or scheduled event it
    >>> does not run", you stupid ****.

    >> I know arsehole, it's been pointed out. Next time I want to speak to
    >> you
    >>I'll pull the fucking flush.

    > Geez, there's actually someone who hasn't plonked that useless
    > fuckwit?

    LOL

    --
    Frank Nawty
    Frank Nawty, May 21, 2006
  16. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    "mik3" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > if you put your commands in batch, make sure change %v to %%v
    >
    > eg
    > for /R "C:\etivo\" %%v in (*HighQual169.wmv) do
    > move %%v "c:\saved tv\tv shows\"

    At last a correct answer, cheers that has fixed it for me. Many thanks.

    And the c:Z instead of c:\ was a typo in the group, not the file.

    Thanks Mike
    PhilÅ, May 21, 2006
  17. PhilÅ

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Spuds.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    > Geez, there's actually someone who hasn't plonked that useless fuckwit?

    He's not upset me yet. Just swearing at me won't do it, it's just his way
    so I gave in return ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, May 21, 2006
  18. PhilÅ

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya PhilÅ.

    In <news:6w%bg.4493$> you wrote:

    > At last a correct answer, cheers that has fixed it for me. Many thanks.

    Yay! A rare success for the 24h group! ;)

    > And the c:Z instead of c:\ was a typo in the group, not the file.

    <slaps forehead> Well how were we to know that? ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, May 21, 2006