    I will discontinue using the NewsGroups and also request
    Microsoft do something to weed out this type of
    correspondence.
    Guest, Mar 6, 2005

  2. Not that your point isn't valid, but who are you?

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Mar 6, 2005

  3. Guest

    Chris M Guest

    I'm sorry, I just had to bite on this one. The author was obviously trying
    so very hard to look intelligent...

    <> wrote
    > To Whom It May Concern:

    The words 'whom', 'it', 'may' and 'concern' are not proper nouns.

    > I have noticed an alarming increase in the declining use
    > of proper English in correspondence published to these
    > various NewsGroups.

    The word 'newsgroup' is neither a proper noun nor is it bicapitalised like
    that.

    > This decline is haveing

    'Haveing?'

    Here's a link that you might find useful:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=people glass houses stones

    > a negative
    > impact on the quality of our NewsGroups. If this continues
    > I will discontinue using the NewsGroups and also request
    > Microsoft do something to weed out this type of
    > correspondence.

    Perhaps you mean that you will 'request Microsoft *to* do something,' or
    maybe 'request *that* Microsoft do something'?

    I'm sure we'll all miss you.

    --
    Chris M.
    Chris M, Mar 6, 2005
  4. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > To Whom It May Concern:
    >
    > I have noticed an alarming increase in the declining use
    > of proper English in correspondence published to these
    > various NewsGroups. This decline is haveing a negative
    > impact on the quality of our NewsGroups. If this continues
    > I will discontinue using the NewsGroups and also request
    > Microsoft do something to weed out this type of
    > correspondence.

    Looky here, a snotty bot! LOL!

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."
    catwalker63, Mar 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear <> say in news:4fcc01c52297
    $3c34b360$:

    > This decline is haveing

    *snert*

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - He's dead, Jim. You get his tricorder, I'll go for his wallet.
    Neil, Mar 7, 2005
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "The Rev \(MCT\)" <> say in news:
    #:

    > Not that your point isn't valid, but who are you?

    the engrish porice...

    Neil, Mar 7, 2005
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Mar 7, 2005
  8. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    catwalker63 <> wrote in

    > <> prattled ceaslessly in
    >
    >> To Whom It May Concern:
    >>
    >> I have noticed an alarming increase in the declining use
    >> of proper English in correspondence published to these
    >> various NewsGroups. This decline is haveing a negative
    >> impact on the quality of our NewsGroups. If this continues
    >> I will discontinue using the NewsGroups and also request
    >> Microsoft do something to weed out this type of
    >> correspondence.

    > Looky here, a snotty bot! LOL!

    a botty snot! LOL!

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Mar 7, 2005
  9. Guest

    sympathy Guest

    You are obviously very upset.
    I wonder if you typed "haveing" just to see if anyone was
    even paying attention!
    Well it looks like we were.

    I do however agree that our Newsgroups should perhaps
    clean up our acts, just a little.

    sympathy

    sympathy, Mar 7, 2005
  10. Guest

    Ogre Guest

    Re: Command of the English Language is very important to our professionalsuccess.

    wrote:
    > To Whom It May Concern:
    >
    > I have noticed an alarming increase in the declining use
    > of proper English in correspondence published to these
    > various NewsGroups. This decline is haveing a negative
    > impact on the quality of our NewsGroups. If this continues
    > I will discontinue using the NewsGroups and also request
    > Microsoft do something to weed out this type of
    > correspondence.

    wat r u saing goodly enlish is heer in dis newsgroop
    Ogre, Mar 7, 2005
  11. Re: Command of the English Language is very important to our profe

    What does he expect Microsoft to do? Provide monthly hotfixes and service
    packs for our use of English?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Mar 14, 2005
  12. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Command of the English Language is very important to our profe

    "=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=" <> prattled
    ceaslessly in news::

    > What does he expect Microsoft to do? Provide monthly hotfixes and
    > service packs for our use of English?

    Judging from some of the KB articles I've read, maybe that's not such a
    good idea. <eg>

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    “If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but it would
    deteriorate the cat.” Mark Twain
    catwalker63, Mar 15, 2005