    "Fix Wireless Connection" and runs just that command, without them being able
    to get into the rest of the wireless network manager.

    Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF6ZWQgYW5kIFNsZWVweQ==?=, Jan 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF6ZWQgYW5kIFNsZWVweQ==?=

    Eera Guest

    Re: Command line variant of "Repair" from XP's Wireless connectionman

    Dazed and Sleepy wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > XP's wireless connection manager has an option to "Repair" wireless network
    > connections, that disables then re-enables the adapter. My question is this,
    > what's the filen this command runs. I want to create a batch file that just
    > runs this command, so I can put an icon on users desktops that simply says
    > "Fix Wireless Connection" and runs just that command, without them being able
    > to get into the rest of the wireless network manager.
    >
    > Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

    Try "ipconfig /renew". Check more options "ipconfig /?"
    Eera, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Re: Command line variant of "Repair" from XP's Wireless connection

    Hmm. Not what I was thinking of, but it might work.

    I was thinking of the command that gets triggered when you're in Network
    Connections, and under Network Tasks you select a connection and click
    "Repair this Connection"

    I think what that triggers is a little more comprehensive than ipconfig
    /renew but I can see if that will trigger the wi-fi connection.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF6ZWQgYW5kIFNsZWVweQ==?=, Jan 10, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGF6ZWQgYW5kIFNsZWVweQ==?=

    GTS Guest

    You might be interested in "A Description of the Repair Option on a Local
    Area Network or High-Speed Internet Connection" at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289256/en-us
    It looks like it would be easy to put the series of commands it describes
    into a batch file. It may be tricky though to block them from "the rest of
    the wireless network manager" while keeping sufficient rights to run these
    commands.
    --

    "Dazed and Sleepy" <> wrote in
    message news:...