    their official docs...

    Thanks

    "Herb"
    Herbert West, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Herbert West

    JabberSmith Guest

    "Herbert West" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Does there exist anywhere on the net a compendium of commandline
    > switches for the programmes included in Windows 95-98?
    >
    > I know that the various incarnations of Media Player have several, and
    > I recently discovered (by pure accident) that the Volume Control
    > applet applet has at least 2 (/r and /s). I'm sure there are more.
    > Microsoft seems rather stingy about such information, at least in
    > their official docs...
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Herb"

    Try this:

    Command line, program name /?

    Use the /? switch to get the "help file" for the operation.

    Like "ping /?" will give you all the switches and a little information on
    usage for Ping.
    JabberSmith, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Herbert West

    Herbert West Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:50:24 -0500, "JabberSmith" <>
    wrote:

    >"Herbert West" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Does there exist anywhere on the net a compendium of commandline
    >> switches for the programmes included in Windows 95-98?
    >>
    >> I know that the various incarnations of Media Player have several, and
    >> I recently discovered (by pure accident) that the Volume Control
    >> applet applet has at least 2 (/r and /s). I'm sure there are more.
    >> Microsoft seems rather stingy about such information, at least in
    >> their official docs...
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> "Herb"

    >Try this:
    >
    >Command line, program name /?
    >
    >Use the /? switch to get the "help file" for the operation.
    >
    >Like "ping /?" will give you all the switches and a little information on
    >usage for Ping.

    Thanks for the reply, but I'm already aware of that. Unfortunately,
    it only works with DOS / console utilities and only lists the
    documented switches.

    As specified in my original query, I'm looking for the switches for
    Windows GUI based applets.

    Anybody know? TIA!
    Herbert West, Sep 26, 2003