    via the LAN already present, how could i do that?

    Thanks,
    Robert
    robert, Jan 2, 2008

  2. robert

    speckled hen Guest

    On Jan 2, 9:18 am, robert <> wrote:
    > if i have five phones in a small office, and i needed to let them talk
    > via the LAN already present, how could i do that?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    I assume the phones are IP ones?
    speckled hen, Jan 2, 2008

  3. robert

    Jono Guest

    robert was thinking very hard :
    > if i have five phones in a small office, and i needed to let them talk
    > via the LAN already present, how could i do that?

    Bit more info needed.

    Are they IP phones or analogue etc?

    Do you want them to be able to simply talk to one another? In pairs?
    All at once? to external "normal" telephone numbers?
    Jono, Jan 2, 2008
  4. robert

    Guest

    On 1ÔÂ2ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç5ʱ18·Ö, robert <> wrote:
    > if i have five phones in a small office, and i needed to let them talk
    > via the LAN already present, how could i do that?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    are they ip phones? If so , there are some solution ,

    1, try to find out the peer to peer setting on your ip phone. Maybe it
    can support route some calls to other ip phone. At least my IP phone
    Jin301(Á´½Ó) support it.
    2, if you are using normal pstn phone, you have to chose some ata to
    change them into voice over ip. It is nearly same to set up a new ip
    phone.

    Leon
    www.telecomchinasourcing.com
    , Jan 6, 2008
  5. robert

    Guest

    , Jan 6, 2008
  6. robert

    Hongtian Guest

    On 2 Jan, 17:18, robert <> wrote:
    > if i have five phones in a small office, and i needed to let them talk
    > via the LAN already present, how could i do that?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    If your phones are SIP phones or can support SIP, I suggest you to try
    miniSipServer or Trixbox.

    miniSipServer is a SIP server for windows, very easy to use and you
    can almost deploy your VOIP network in 1 minute with it.

    Trixbox is a PBX for linux, it is powerful but complex. If you are
    good at linux, it is a good choice.
    Hongtian, Jan 6, 2008