Coming soon to a modem near you

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Ted, Jul 9, 2011.

  1. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Ted, Jul 9, 2011

  2. Ted

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Jul 9, 2011

  3. Ted

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 16:58:36 +1200, Ted wrote:

    > U.S. Internet providers agree to block subscribers accused of copyright
    > infringement
    >
    > http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/07/u-s-internet-providers-agree-to-

    block-subscribers-accused-of-copyright-infringement/

    > The Greens were the only party to vote against the NZ equivalent.

    Sneakernet won't be going away any time soon.
    Roger_Nickel, Jul 9, 2011
  4. Ted

    victor Guest

    On 9/07/2011 4:58 p.m., Ted wrote:
    > U.S. Internet providers agree to block subscribers accused of
    > copyright infringement
    >
    > http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/...ubscribers-accused-of-copyright-infringement/
    >
    > The Greens were the only party to vote against the NZ equivalent.

    Not really the same thing.
    It's a voluntary agreement by the US ISPs
    The New Zealand government imposed a law on the ISPs, which gives the
    allegations legal status.
    victor, Jul 10, 2011
  5. In article <ivda66$mih$>, victor <> wrote:
    >On 9/07/2011 4:58 p.m., Ted wrote:
    >> U.S. Internet providers agree to block subscribers accused of
    >> copyright infringement

    > http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/07/u-s-internet-providers-agree-to-block-su
    >bscribers-accused-of-copyright-infringement/
    >>
    >> The Greens were the only party to vote against the NZ equivalent.

    >Not really the same thing.
    >It's a voluntary agreement by the US ISPs
    >The New Zealand government imposed a law on the ISPs, which gives the
    >allegations legal status.

    ... a bad idea in all cases. Breaks the innocent until proven guilty thing
    ... a Very Bad Thing.

    Again, we are solving a problem that does not exist. <sigh>
    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 11, 2011