    of all-leather shoes.

    <http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/
    Magnum_Spider_8_0_SWAT_Boot__59_95.html>

    Aardvark, Jul 5, 2010

  2. Aardvark

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > I bought a pair of boots a few weeks ago and today was the first time I
    > had a chance to wear them for a full day. I can't believe how comfortable
    > they are. It's time for bed and I don't want to take them off- they seem
    > to work like a Thermos flask in reverse. The rest of me is hot and
    > sweaty, but my feet actually feel cool.
    >
    > How the hell does *that* work?

    goretex?

    Muse Gruppes, Jul 5, 2010

  3. Aardvark

    thanatoid Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > I bought a pair of boots a few weeks ago and today was the
    > first time I had a chance to wear them for a full day. I
    > can't believe how comfortable they are. It's time for bed
    > and I don't want to take them off- they seem to work like a
    > Thermos flask in reverse. The rest of me is hot and sweaty,
    > but my feet actually feel cool.
    >
    > How the hell does *that* work?
    >
    > They're extremely comfortable to walk in, too, and lighter
    > than my pair of all-leather shoes.
    >
    > <http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/
    > Magnum_Spider_8_0_SWAT_Boot__59_95.html>

    I hate that $200-Nike-sneaker-inspired look, but I believe you.
    They may be ugly, but must be fantastic to wear. I haven't had a
    decent pair of shoes in about 30 years.

    --
    Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us
    what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like

    thanatoid, Jul 5, 2010
  4. Aardvark

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:50:13 +0000, Aardvark ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > I bought a pair of boots a few weeks ago and today was the first time I
    > had a chance to wear them for a full day. I can't believe how
    > comfortable they are. It's time for bed and I don't want to take them
    > off- they seem to work like a Thermos flask in reverse. The rest of me
    > is hot and sweaty, but my feet actually feel cool.
    >
    > How the hell does *that* work?

    Works like anything that insulates you from ambient conditions. Doesn't
    matter if its hot or cold, an item of clothing that blocks your body from
    feeling the surrounding hot or cold works the same way. I suspect the
    boots are lined with a breathing insulation like Gortex.

    Meat Plow, Jul 5, 2010
  5. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:44:24 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    >> <http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/
    >> Magnum_Spider_8_0_SWAT_Boot__59_95.html>
    >>

    > Nice. Like a hi-top version of my Merrel Lite Hikers. I use them to run
    > in snow.
    > Gortex is teh neeto.

    Mr t. ain't impressed. I think they also look good- something
    aesthetically pleasing about 'em.

    Aardvark, Jul 5, 2010
  6. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:09:05 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > I used to jog in logger boots so its a step up for me. Hermann
    > Surviors...steel toes...

    Yeah, baby!

    :)

    Aardvark, Jul 6, 2010
  7. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:42:04 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:09:05 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >>> I used to jog in logger boots so its a step up for me. Hermann
    >>> Surviors...steel toes...

    >> Yeah, baby!
    >>

    > Steel toes in winter suck.
    > Obviously...

    Hey, I work construction. Can you feel my pain?

    Aardvark, Jul 7, 2010
  8. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:00:08 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Steel toes in winter suck.
    >>> Obviously...

    >> Hey, I work construction. Can you feel my pain?
    >>

    > Hows your back holding up? Once that goes... :(

    Not well, but I soldier on.

    :)

    Aardvark, Jul 7, 2010
  9. Aardvark <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<6z3Zn.179998$k15.44136@hurricane>:

    >On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:00:08 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Hey, I work construction. Can you feel my pain?
    >>>

    >> Hows your back holding up? Once that goes... :(

    >Not well, but I soldier on.
    >
    >:)

    Bless yer stars you have a health care system that will patch you up,
    regardless.

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 7, 2010
  10. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:34:03 +0000, §ñühw€£f wrote:

    > Aardvark <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > of<6z3Zn.179998$k15.44136@hurricane>:

    >>> Hows your back holding up? Once that goes... :(

    >>Not well, but I soldier on.
    >>
    >>:)
    >>

    > Bless yer stars you have a health care system that will patch you up,
    > regardless.

    Haven't seen my GP for fucking years, mate. The last time I saw him, it
    had been so long since I had previously seen him that his fine head of
    black hair had gone grey and thinned and receded in the interim.

    Aardvark, Jul 8, 2010
  11. Aardvark

    Clot Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:34:03 +0000, §ñühw?£f wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark <> pinched out a steaming pile
    >> of<6z3Zn.179998$k15.44136@hurricane>:

    >>> Not well, but I soldier on.
    >>>
    >>> :)
    >>>

    >> Bless yer stars you have a health care system that will patch you up,
    >> regardless.

    > Haven't seen my GP for fucking years, mate. The last time I saw him,
    > it had been so long since I had previously seen him that his fine
    > head of black hair had gone grey and thinned and receded in the
    > interim.

    Been with the same practice for 28 years. In all that time, I have rarely
    (fortunately) needed to attend. Each limited time it has been a different
    person. Twenty odd years ago, I visited to say that there was something
    wrong with my eyes and advised the doctor that the optician could find no
    wrong. Oh!, it's just your lacrimos gland, just do this...

    Move on a couple of years and I lost my glasses in the sea trying to moor my
    boat. Went to Vision Express - Do Not Pass Go, go to the hospital now!
    Glaucoma.

    Went privately to have laser treatment to preserve the sight that I have;
    with drops to contain the condition.

    Went to the GP for a check up to ensure that I could renew my driving
    licence, (which I have to do every 3 years), when the GP told me that I had
    a remarkably stable and low blood pressure. "I'm not surprised" said I, as
    the meds. that you prescribe are Beta Blockers. He did not know.

    Fast forward. I still have to have a medical check twice every year for my
    condition which is stable and is monitored by the Consultant at the regional
    hospital.

    I now need to have a check up at the GP each year before they will prescribe
    my drops! Having had polite correspondence with them about this, I find it
    is bureaucratic nonsense that Labour brought in costing a fortune for no
    gain other than giving employment to the unemployable.

    Due to all the changes that those clowns brought in, the practice has found
    it difficult to keep their frontline staff up to speed - aka the
    Gesscepionist! Cost me a fortune in time and frustration this last time to
    the extent that all was done by correspondence with the GP rather than face
    the clown on the desk.

    Thankfully, I do still have private insurance that is now costing a bomb as
    I enter my 7th decade.

    Clot, Jul 8, 2010