  1. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Has anyone here tried to photograph this yet? If so, how did you do it?

    Cynicor, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Cynicor

    Hils Guest

    Cynicor wrote

    >Has anyone here tried to photograph this yet? If so, how did you do it?

    The best pictures I've seen so far are here. The author appears to use
    mostly a Canon 10D, either with regular lenses or telescopes, on a
    driven equatorial mount.

    http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/machholz.html

    --
    Hil

    Hils, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Cynicor

    Toomas Guest

    Toomas, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Cynicor

    Pete D Guest

    There is also a post with link by Davoud with a 20D.

    "Toomas" <> wrote in message
    http://www.ursa.fi/~koski/solarsys/c2004q2/index.html

    And I have seen beter but can't find URL at moment

    Pete D, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Hils wrote:

    > The best pictures I've seen so far are here.
    > http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/machholz.html

    Thanks for that link - I've been going out the last several clear
    nights just trying to see it (with cheap binoculars). Now I know that I
    have been looking at the right thing, though it's been very hard to
    make out.

    Come January 7 & 8, as it passes near the Sisters (I can always find
    them), I plan on driving out into the boonies a bit and trying to take
    some photos of it myself. Assuming good weather, which is never a safe
    assumption here in northern Illinois.

    --
    Eric Schreiber
    www.ericschreiber.com