Comedy Central mail list - I can't get them to unsubscribe me!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pauline Johnson, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Foolishly (in hindsite) I subscribed to Comedy Central mail list for
    "Joke-a-Day" but now I want out.

    So I click the link at the bottom of the email that says unsubscribe
    and I get a web page that says click a button to unsubscribe which I
    do and I get a page saying I have been removed.

    But the emails keep coming :-(

    I have been going to this link and selecting unsubscribe for 4 to 5
    weeks to no avail.

    I have left lots of messages at their Help/FAQ site:-

    http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsWeb.jhtml

    but never any answer.

    I have sent messages to:-

    but they bounce.

    And to:-

    with NO bounce so I presume they are getting there but NO reply.

    And still the emails keep coming.

    Can anyone tell me:-

    - How to get off there list for good

    and/or

    - where to submit a complaint

    Many thanks for any suggestions.

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com

    Pauline Johnson, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Pauline Johnson

    Bob B Guest

    "Pauline Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > Foolishly (in hindsite) I subscribed to Comedy Central mail list for
    > "Joke-a-Day" but now I want out.
    >
    > So I click the link at the bottom of the email that says unsubscribe
    > and I get a web page that says click a button to unsubscribe which I
    > do and I get a page saying I have been removed.
    >
    > But the emails keep coming :-(
    >
    > I have been going to this link and selecting unsubscribe for 4 to 5
    > weeks to no avail.
    >
    > I have left lots of messages at their Help/FAQ site:-
    >
    > http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsWeb.jhtml
    >
    > but never any answer.
    >
    > I have sent messages to:-
    >

    > but they bounce.
    >
    > And to:-
    >

    > with NO bounce so I presume they are getting there but NO reply.
    >
    > And still the emails keep coming.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me:-
    >
    > - How to get off there list for good
    >
    > and/or
    >
    > - where to submit a complaint
    >
    > Many thanks for any suggestions.
    >

    > --
    > Paulie

    Highlight then go to messages/click..block sender BB

    Bob B, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Pauline Johnson

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:44:06 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    wrote:

    >Foolishly (in hindsite) I subscribed to Comedy Central mail list for
    >"Joke-a-Day" but now I want out.
    >
    >So I click the link at the bottom of the email that says unsubscribe
    >and I get a web page that says click a button to unsubscribe which I
    >do and I get a page saying I have been removed.
    >
    >But the emails keep coming :-(
    >
    >I have been going to this link and selecting unsubscribe for 4 to 5
    >weeks to no avail.
    >
    >I have left lots of messages at their Help/FAQ site:-
    >
    > http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsWeb.jhtml
    >
    >but never any answer.
    >
    >I have sent messages to:-
    >

    >but they bounce.
    >
    >And to:-
    >

    >with NO bounce so I presume they are getting there but NO reply.
    >
    >And still the emails keep coming.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me:-
    >
    >- How to get off there list for good
    >
    >and/or
    >
    >- where to submit a complaint
    >
    >Many thanks for any suggestions.

    I use outlook express for most of my email and I just go to tools,
    message rules, mail and take it from there. Mostly I choose a few
    words from the header and then delete from server. It may take a few
    minutes but work on it and they will be gone.
    joevan

    joevan, Mar 5, 2004
  4. On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:44:06 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    wrote:

    >Foolishly (in hindsite) I subscribed to Comedy Central mail list for
    >"Joke-a-Day" but now I want out.
    > ..... snip .....

    Thank you Bob and joevan for prompt replies.

    Yes, I know I can block and blacklist but that is not what I want to
    do. It doesn't stop them sending.

    I want to complain to them and make them take notice!!!

    Pauline Johnson, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Pauline Johnson

    Ernest Guest

    > On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:44:06 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Foolishly (in hindsite) I subscribed to Comedy Central mail list for
    > >"Joke-a-Day" but now I want out.
    > > ..... snip .....

    > Thank you Bob and joevan for prompt replies.
    >
    > Yes, I know I can block and blacklist but that is not what I want to
    > do. It doesn't stop them sending.
    >
    > I want to complain to them and make them take notice!!!

    Find a site that does a _whois_ search. Search for www.comedycentral.com
    and you should get more information on where to write to.

    Ernest, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Pauline Johnson

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:44:06 +1100, Pauline Johnson wrote:

    >Foolishly (in hindsite) I subscribed to Comedy Central mail list for
    >"Joke-a-Day" but now I want out.
    >
    >So I click the link at the bottom of the email that says unsubscribe
    >and I get a web page that says click a button to unsubscribe which I
    >do and I get a page saying I have been removed.
    >
    >But the emails keep coming :-(

    They're on CERFnet. Try reporting it to - not that it will do a
    lot of good, but you never know. If you have unsubbed but you are still
    receiving the mails, it is now spam.

    <snip>

    --
    What we need are a couple of good hangings.
    -- FTC Chairman Orson Swindle, on email spam

    Mara, Mar 5, 2004