    Jim Carey
    funnier if his face is hugely distorted via P&S?
    -Rich

    Richard, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Richard

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    (Richard) wrote:

    > At least as far as Blockbuster is concerned. Bruce Almighty, all
    > copies available for rent are P&S at two Blockbusters near me.

    These are most likely franchise stores. Find a corporate store. They're
    sent nothing but widescreen copies by Cocksucker's distribution center.

    > This is JUST like
    > it was with laserdisc. What is it with the viewers of comedies? Is
    > Jim Carey
    > funnier if his face is hugely distorted via P&S?

    You're asking this about people who rent Jim Carrey movies? These are
    ex-VHS renters who don't know an aspect ratio from a hole in the wall.
    They're about one notch above the type of person who rents Charlies
    Angel's: Full Throttle.

    BTW, Bruce Almighty is 1.85:1, so it's more than likely open-matte
    opposed to P&S. Though the movie does feature a lot of effects shots
    that are surely pan & scanned.

    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Jan 21, 2004