Come back & leave your comment after you do the 70-290 exam

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by DebB, Jun 20, 2009.

  1. DebB

    DebB Guest

    I'm going to do the 70-290 exam soon. I understand that it's not reasonable
    to tell me the exact contents of the exam, and you should not do so, however
    I'm hoping that someone can come back to me and give me some general idea on
    the overall weight of question content. For example, were there a lot of
    questions on MS Backup ? What area was covered extensively and had more
    questions than other areas? Were there many questions on IIS?

    Did you have to do any of the hands on virtual server type of exercises?
    These are like sitting in front of the server console and performing the
    process for real.

    Perhaps this will give the rest of us a leg up on our last minute study
    preparation, even though the questions can change without notice.

    Thanks in advance and good luck with your exam!!!
    --
    DebB
    MCDST | MCITP
    DebB, Jun 20, 2009

  2. DebB

    JohnB Guest

    There was a LOT on folder and file permissions. Know those well. Some on
    backups. Know the different types of backups and you'll be ok.

    Honestly? 70-290 was not that hard.
    70-291, now THAT was a hard exam!!
    Prepare well for 290, and some of that will carry over to 291... and you'll
    be glad you did.

    Good luck

    JohnB, Jun 20, 2009

  3. DebB

    DebB Guest

    Thanks so much John. Sounds like you passed! If so, congrats. I'll be sure to
    follow your advice and I do appreciate it.
    --
    DebB - MCDST

    DebB, Jun 21, 2009
  4. DebB

    Chris Hardy Guest

    I'm prepping for 290 and have been using the Press books & Virtual PC to
    practice everything, within the last couple of months I've been able to earn
    my MCTS(620) & MCITP(623). By doing so I passed my last exam and only missed
    one question, I plan on taking 290 within a month or so followed by 291 and
    so on. I found it to be good practice to be able to setup everything on the
    Virtual PC so when the book does an example or project I can see & do
    anything that needs to be done.
    Best of luck

    Chris Hardy, Aug 23, 2009