    ===================================
    Of Course The Address is Munged

    ===================================
    GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net, Nov 22, 2005

  2. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote:

    > I decided to try DSL but I won't have the package for another week so.
    > for now I use my dialup service, when I try to access a web page
    > comcast HS comes up instead, cable modem is disconnected, I try with
    > and without proxamatron and get the same problem, how can I stop the
    > comcast BS?
    > ===================================
    > Of Course The Address is Munged
    >
    > ===================================

    Wait -- are you saying that the browser opens with the Comcast start
    page?
    You can change that -- in the browser settings and in the OS internet
    settings.
    But it wouldn't be any problem; just go to a different page next. Or do
    a search. Or open a URL from the desktop -- it'll go to that URL.
    Mitch, Nov 22, 2005

  3. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:31:33 GMT, GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net
    wrote:

    >I decided to try DSL but I won't have the package for another week so.
    >for now I use my dialup service, when I try to access a web page
    >comcast HS comes up instead, cable modem is disconnected, I try with
    >and without proxamatron and get the same problem, how can I stop the
    >comcast BS?

    Ok, so you don't have DSL but you installed the software already?

    Can you be more specific with what you mean by "Comcast HS comes up
    instead"?
    Evan Platt, Nov 22, 2005
  4. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Grail_King Guest

    I found the answer, I disconnected the cable but didn't disconnect the cable
    modem all works fine now.
    what did happen, was some pages would load then others would display the
    welcome screen to comcast internet.
    Grail_King, Nov 24, 2005