    been released on Combo DVD HD-DVD.

    This is a really good sign that HD-DVD is commited to backward compatibility
    with standard DVD. Another First!! Another Blow to BluRay!

    wandrinandz, Jun 13, 2006

  2. wandrinandz

    Tonester Guest

    "wandrinandz" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Well, it's finally happened... the first combo dvd/hd-dvd films have been
    > made.
    >
    > One of the First of its kind, The new Harrison Ford movie "FIREWALL" has
    > been released on Combo DVD HD-DVD.
    >
    > This is a really good sign that HD-DVD is commited to backward
    > compatibility
    > with standard DVD. Another First!! Another Blow to BluRay!

    Yes, this straight-to-video masterpiece of American filmmaking will surely
    deliver the death blow to Blu Ray.

    Tonester, Jun 13, 2006

  3. wandrinandz

    wandrinandz Guest

    I take it you do not like harrison ford movies.. or hd-dvd for that matter

    wandrinandz, Jun 13, 2006
  4. wandrinandz

    kaydigi Guest

    >I take it you do not like harrison ford movies.. or hd-dvd for that matter

    The movie is horrible though...

    kaydigi, Jun 13, 2006
  5. wandrinandz

    >I take it you do not like harrison ford movies.. or hd-dvd for that matter

    I like GOOD Harrison Ford movies. So no, I don't like this one.

    HD-DVD? When players are under $100 I might get one.

    Tonester, Jun 13, 2006
  6. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:34:33 GMT, "Tonester" <> Gave
    us:

    >"wandrinandz" <> wrote in message
    >> Well, it's finally happened... the first combo dvd/hd-dvd films have been
    >> made.
    >>
    >> One of the First of its kind, The new Harrison Ford movie "FIREWALL" has
    >> been released on Combo DVD HD-DVD.
    >>
    >> This is a really good sign that HD-DVD is commited to backward
    >> compatibility
    >> with standard DVD. Another First!! Another Blow to BluRay!

    >Yes, this straight-to-video masterpiece of American filmmaking will surely
    >deliver the death blow to Blu Ray.

    As usual, it went right over the head of an idiot. Are you a Ford
    owner too?

    It is NOT about the content on the disc. It WAS about it being a
    milestone for the 5.25 inch optical disc form factor.

    Where are BluRay's milestones? Oh... that's right, they are on
    perpetual pit stop mode right now...

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 13, 2006
  7. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:41:31 GMT, "Tonester" <> Gave
    us:

    >"wandrinandz" <> wrote in message
    >>I take it you do not like harrison ford movies.. or hd-dvd for that matter

    >I like GOOD Harrison Ford movies. So no, I don't like this one.
    >
    >HD-DVD? When players are under $100 I might get one.

    Good luck with that.

    Is your video card one with 1 MB of memory, or have you stepped up
    to PCI yet?

    Do you always wait? Never get to play. You only get to play if you
    pay... you got to pay if you wanna play...

    How many times have you changed your cell phone in the last 8 years?

    You can all watch the world pass by you if you wish. I'll be one of
    the ones you are watching in it, DOING it.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 13, 2006
  8. wandrinandz

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:56:28 +0100, wandrinandz <> wrote:

    >I take it you do not like harrison ford movies.. or hd-dvd for that matter

    I only took it that he didn't like firewall.

    AZ Nomad, Jun 13, 2006
  9. wandrinandz

    J Rusnak Guest

    You may not be aware of this, but HD-DVD owners are angry about this hybrid
    format and resent being forced to paying higher prices to have a standard
    version which they will never want or use. Since there is a stand-alone
    standard DVD on the market for people who want it, most HD-DVD users appear
    angered by the combo format and consider it a rip-off. I wouldn't call that
    a "death-knell" for anything.

    J Rusnak, Jun 13, 2006
  10. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:38:42 -0400, "J Rusnak" <>
    Gave us:

    >You may not be aware of this

    I am aware that you are a top poster.

    I am aware that I will STILL have BOTH formats in my household for
    many years. I do not resent anything. I collect optical storage
    mediums. I have 3.5 inch discs, 5.25 inch discs, 8 inch discs, 12
    inch discs, etc. I will certainly have, in my collection, at least
    one if not many dual mode disc.

    Looks like we have a winner as to which formats that will be on.

    As to which disc I get... well... A good high end Joe Kane HDTV HD
    DVD Pro setup disc with a few DTS methods, and a THX in the audio
    routines would be nice.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 13, 2006
  11. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:59:02 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:41:31 GMT, "Tonester" <> Gave
    >>
    >>HD-DVD? When players are under $100 I might get one.
    >>

    > Good luck with that.

    You heard it here first folks. Ray thinks that HD-DVD players will never be
    sold for under $100.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 14, 2006
  12. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:29:30 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:38:42 -0400, "J Rusnak" <>
    > Gave us:
    >
    > > You may not be aware of this, but HD-DVD owners are angry about this hybrid
    > > format and resent being forced to paying higher prices to have a standard
    > > version which they will never want or use. Since there is a stand-alone
    > > standard DVD on the market for people who want it, most HD-DVD users appear
    > > angered by the combo format and consider it a rip-off. I wouldn't call that
    > > a "death-knell" for anything.

    > I am aware that you are a top poster.
    >
    > I am aware that I will STILL have BOTH formats in my household for
    > many years. I do not resent anything. I collect optical storage
    > mediums. I have 3.5 inch discs, 5.25 inch discs, 8 inch discs, 12
    > inch discs, etc....

    Are you aware there are these creatures called "other people"? And that
    these "other people" may have opinions of their own? And that these
    opinions may be contrary to yours? And that despite them being contrary to
    your point of view, these contrary opinions may actually be held by the
    majority of these "other people"? Were you aware of that?

    Also, are you aware that editing out stuff you don't like and/or don't have
    a response to from people's posts that you quote doesn't make that stuff go
    away?

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 14, 2006
  13. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:04:22 -0500, "Jay G." <> Gave us:

    >On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:59:02 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:41:31 GMT, "Tonester" <> Gave
    >>>
    >>>HD-DVD? When players are under $100 I might get one.
    >>>

    >> Good luck with that.

    >You heard it here first folks. Ray thinks that HD-DVD players will never be
    >sold for under $100.

    Not any that are worth a shit.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 14, 2006
  14. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:11:22 -0500, "Jay G." <> Gave us:

    **** you, retard boy.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 14, 2006
  15. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:22:42 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:04:22 -0500, "Jay G." <> Gave us:
    >
    >>On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:59:02 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:41:31 GMT, "Tonester" <> Gave

    >>> Good luck with that.

    >>You heard it here first folks. Ray thinks that HD-DVD players will never be
    >>sold for under $100.

    > Not any that are worth a shit.

    So you don't think and DVD players that today sell for under a $100 are
    "worth a shit"?

    Incidentally, by the time HD DVD players retail for under $100, those
    players will be better built and work better than that $800 Toshiba you
    rave about.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 14, 2006
  16. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:23:19 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:11:22 -0500, "Jay G." <> Gave us:
    >
    >>Are you aware there are these creatures called "other people"? And that
    >>these "other people" may have opinions of their own?

    > **** you, retard boy.

    You do realize that every time you're reduced to nothing but swearing and
    insults in your response, that's an automatic win for me.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 14, 2006
  17. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:32:41 -0500, "Jay G." <> Gave us:

    >On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:22:42 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

    >>>You heard it here first folks. Ray thinks that HD-DVD players will never be
    >>>sold for under $100.

    >> Not any that are worth a shit.

    >So you don't think and DVD players that today sell for under a $100 are
    >"worth a shit"?

    No. I have sub $100 DVD players that are crap, and they even have
    5.1 audio out. Damned thing drops the audio during playback, and the
    DVD has to be restarted all the time. COBY SUCKS!

    >Incidentally, by the time HD DVD players retail for under $100, those
    >players will be better built and work better than that $800 Toshiba you
    >rave about.

    Wanna bet?

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 14, 2006
  18. wandrinandz

    J Rusnak Guest

    Yes, I too still have 8-inch discs, 12-inch discs, S-VHS, etc. But for
    those with HD discs, should they applaud having to pay $10 - $15 extra for a
    standard version included? Or let me put it another way...how would you
    like to pay $10 or $15 more for a regular DVD, simply because it includes a
    standard VHS-audio/video quality version of the movie on the disc as well?

    J Rusnak, Jun 15, 2006
  19. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:10:44 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:32:41 -0500, "Jay G." <> Gave us:
    >
    >>On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 05:22:42 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:04:22 -0500, "Jay G." <> Gave us:
    >>>
    >>> Not any that are worth a shit.

    >>So you don't think and DVD players that today sell for under a $100 are
    >>"worth a shit"?

    > No. I have sub $100 DVD players that are crap, and they even have
    > 5.1 audio out. Damned thing drops the audio during playback, and the
    > DVD has to be restarted all the time. COBY SUCKS!

    Well, *yeah* COBY sucks. Why are you using 5.1 audio out anyway?

    There are DVD players from Sony, Toshiba, Memorex, Philips, etc. that are
    under $100 and work as well or better than most of the first DVD players.
    All of these have progressive scan as well.

    There's a Samsung available for under $100 that can do HD upconvert and can
    play JPEG, WMA, MP3, and Divx.

    http://www.epinions.com/Samsung_DVDHD860_Hi_Definition_Conversion_DVD_Player
    http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/480100506
    http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/from-froogle.asp?id=964603947
    http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/product-features.asp?id=964603947

    >>Incidentally, by the time HD DVD players retail for under $100, those
    >>players will be better built and work better than that $800 Toshiba you
    >>rave about.

    > Wanna bet?

    Sure, I'll bet you an under $100 HD DVD player. And don't try to unload
    that old Toshiba on me.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 15, 2006
  20. wandrinandz