Combining two Disc movies into one

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by snapper, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. snapper

    snapper Guest

    Is it possible to burn one contiguous movie on a double layer DVD from
    files that were produced from a two DVD set? I have the following
    files after running the separate AVI files through DivxToDVD.

    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_02_0.BUP
    VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_02_2.VOB

    My thought was to rename the two VTS_02 files to VTS_01 files (_3 &
    _4) but I am unsure if the VTS_02 BUP & IFO files are needed for
    burning.

    Since I've started to download movies from usenet I've noticed several
    disc1 and disc2 movies RARs.

    I hope this makes sense.
    Thanks in advance

    snapper, Aug 23, 2006

  2. snapper

    P Pron Guest

    snapper wrote:
    || Is it possible to burn one contiguous movie on a double layer DVD
    || from files that were produced from a two DVD set? I have the
    || following files after running the separate AVI files through
    || DivxToDVD.
    || VIDEO_TS.BUP
    || VIDEO_TS.IFO
    || VTS_01_0.BUP
    || VTS_01_0.IFO
    || VTS_01_1.VOB
    || VTS_01_2.VOB
    || VTS_02_0.BUP
    || VTS_02_0.IFO
    || VTS_02_1.VOB
    || VTS_02_2.VOB
    || My thought was to rename the two VTS_02 files to VTS_01 files (_3 &
    || _4) but I am unsure if the VTS_02 BUP & IFO files are needed for
    || burning.
    || Since I've started to download movies from usenet I've noticed
    || several disc1 and disc2 movies RARs.
    || I hope this makes sense.
    || Thanks in advance

    I've never burned a dual-layer DVD, so cannot give a complete answer, but
    you can certainly join to DVDs together using DVDShrink - see the
    penultimate para of this page -
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm

    paul

    P Pron, Aug 24, 2006

  3. snapper

    Jeff Guest

    snapper <> wrote in

    > Is it possible to burn one contiguous movie on a double layer DVD from
    > files that were produced from a two DVD set? I have the following
    > files after running the separate AVI files through DivxToDVD.
    >
    > VIDEO_TS.BUP
    > VIDEO_TS.IFO
    > VTS_01_0.BUP
    > VTS_01_0.IFO
    > VTS_01_1.VOB
    > VTS_01_2.VOB
    > VTS_02_0.BUP
    > VTS_02_0.IFO
    > VTS_02_1.VOB
    > VTS_02_2.VOB
    >
    > My thought was to rename the two VTS_02 files to VTS_01 files (_3 &
    > _4) but I am unsure if the VTS_02 BUP & IFO files are needed for
    > burning.
    >
    > Since I've started to download movies from usenet I've noticed several
    > disc1 and disc2 movies RARs.
    >
    > I hope this makes sense.
    > Thanks in advance

    Yes it is possible (I do it this way most of the time). Assuming what
    you did was load both files into DivxToDVD and then clicked "convert",
    what you have there IS a contiguous movie, even though it may not look
    like one. The output from DivxToDVD for a 2 file set is a VTS_01 and
    VTS_02 combination, but it plays back as a single movie.

    Judging from the VOB count, your movie will fit on a single layer DVD.
    Do not rename the files first since the IFOs are referring to the current
    names.

    BTW, what you downloaded was most likely VCDs, not DVDs

    -Jeff

    Jeff, Aug 24, 2006