    Freebird Guest

    Is there any way to combine two profiles into one (import one into another)
    to consolidate within Firefox?
    Freebird, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Freebird

    Doug G Guest

    Freebird wrote:
    > Is there any way to combine two profiles into one (import one into another)
    > to consolidate within Firefox?

    Try Import on Firefox's File menu.
    Doug G, Jun 23, 2005

  3. Freebird

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Freebird wrote:

    > Is there any way to combine two profiles into one (import one into another)
    > to consolidate within Firefox?

    What exactly are you trying to "consolidate"? Bookmarks? Some user
    settings or preferences?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jun 23, 2005
  4. Freebird

    Freebird Guest

    Doug G wrote:

    "Try Import on Firefox's File menu."

    When I tried that, the only option it gave me was to import setting etc.
    from IE, which needless to say, isn't what I need.

    FB
    Freebird, Jun 23, 2005
  5. Freebird

    Freebird Guest

    Ed wrote:

    "What exactly are you trying to "consolidate"? Bookmarks? Some user
    settings or preferences?"

    Mainly bookmarks...I have two profiles, one with settings that I like, and a
    long list of bookmarks, and the other with settings I don't like, but some
    extensions that for some reason don't work under my other profile...so I'd
    at least like to get all my bookmarks together under one profile. I hope
    that made sense.

    FB
    Freebird, Jun 23, 2005
  6. Freebird

    Doug G Guest

    Freebird wrote:
    > Ed wrote:
    >
    > "What exactly are you trying to "consolidate"? Bookmarks? Some user
    > settings or preferences?"
    >
    > Mainly bookmarks...I have two profiles, one with settings that I like, and a
    > long list of bookmarks, and the other with settings I don't like, but some
    > extensions that for some reason don't work under my other profile...so I'd
    > at least like to get all my bookmarks together under one profile. I hope
    > that made sense.
    >
    > FB

    Import the other profile's bookmarks.html file using the Bookmarks
    Manager's File > Import.
    Doug G, Jun 23, 2005
  7. Freebird

    Freebird Guest

    This is getting really frustrating...I've got 3 bookmarks files, because
    apparently I have 3 profiles. Each of the bookmarks files has been copied
    into the folder for each profile. In other words, Profile A now has
    bookmarks.html, bookmarks1.html, and bookmarks2.html, as do Profiles B and
    C. When I tried to import using the Bookmarks Manager route, the folder
    (c:\documents and settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles)
    doesn't appear in the box as a choice...but obviously, I know the folder
    exists. This is getting ridiculously frustrating, but the help is much
    appreciated!

    Also, how do I get firefox to ask me to choose a profile when I start it?
    FB
    Freebird, Jun 23, 2005
  8. Freebird

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Freebird wrote:

    > This is getting really frustrating...I've got 3 bookmarks files, because
    > apparently I have 3 profiles. Each of the bookmarks files has been copied
    > into the folder for each profile. In other words, Profile A now has
    > bookmarks.html, bookmarks1.html, and bookmarks2.html, as do Profiles B and
    > C. When I tried to import using the Bookmarks Manager route, the folder
    > (c:\documents and settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles)
    > doesn't appear in the box as a choice...but obviously, I know the folder
    > exists. This is getting ridiculously frustrating, but the help is much
    > appreciated!

    The only reason I can think of for the folder to not appear in the file
    selection Explorer dialogue is if it were hidden in Windows XP. But, if
    you can see the folder using Windows Explorer, then that's not the
    problem. Either that or the profiles exist in another Windows user
    account for which your current logon does not have access. Or, you're
    choosing to import from Netscape or Mozilla which will not show you the
    Firefox profiles. Make sure you select to import "From file".

    > Also, how do I get firefox to ask me to choose a profile when I start it?
    > FB

    Change the shortcut you use to launch FF to include the switch for the
    Profile Manager. See: http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_commands.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.
    Ed Mullen, Jun 24, 2005