    Not sure what it was called.

    any clues where I could find this program.

    thanks

    Rob, Jun 9, 2012

  2. Rob

    ray Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:07:54 +1000, Rob wrote:

    > I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
    > image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.
    >
    > Did see a program some time back which did this in an automatic fashion.
    > Not sure what it was called.
    >
    > any clues where I could find this program.
    >
    > thanks

    That would depend a little on how you intend to 'combine' them: panorama,
    HDR, collage?? fotoxx seems to do a lot.

    ray, Jun 9, 2012

  3. Rob

    Irwell Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:07:54 +1000, Rob wrote:

    > I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
    > image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.
    >
    > Did see a program some time back which did this in an automatic fashion.
    > Not sure what it was called.
    >
    > any clues where I could find this program.
    >
    > thanks

    There was scene like this at Trafalgar Square on
    St.George's Day some years back. They took your photo
    with a digital camera, then all the hundreds of pics
    were displayed on a huge screen to depict another
    picture. It was sponsored by the City of London
    and the Daily Express to show the diversity of people
    in London.

    Irwell, Jun 9, 2012
  4. Rob

    jimbok Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:07:54 +1000, Rob <> wrote:

    >I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
    >image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.

    Sounds like you are referring to a photo mosaic program. One such
    freeware program can be found here.

    http://www.mosaizer.com/

    You can Google for others.

    --
    jimbok

    jimbok, Jun 9, 2012
  5. Rob

    Rob Guest

    On 10/06/2012 1:25 AM, jimbok wrote:
    > On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:07:54 +1000, Rob <> wrote:
    >

    >> I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
    >> image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.

    > Sounds like you are referring to a photo mosaic program. One such
    > freeware program can be found here.
    >
    > http://www.mosaizer.com/
    >
    > You can Google for others.

    This may do the trick, not sure what package I used before, its only a
    toy thing to use for a one off image.

    There are a couple of others mentioned on that page as well. I can only
    try and see what happens.

    Thanks

    Rob, Jun 9, 2012
  6. Rob

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 9, 12:07 am, Rob <> wrote:
    > I would like to combine multiple images maybe 100 200 or 300 to form an
    > image of something else, this could be a portrait or scene.
    >
    > Did see a program some time back which did this in an automatic fashion.
    > Not sure what it was called.
    >
    > any clues where I could find this program.
    >
    > thanks

    It's been around for about 15 years.

    Registax

    http://www.astronomie.be/registax/

    RichA, Jun 9, 2012
  7. Rob

    gordo Guest

    Try this, Microsoft Image Composite Editor.

    http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/ice/

    Gordo

    gordo, Jun 10, 2012