Combining flash movies or....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by -= Hawk =-, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. -= Hawk =-

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    I've made two flash movies. I probably should have made one, but the one
    I want first I thought of and made second. I can't find a way in the
    editor I'm using (firestarter) to combine the two so what I'm looking
    for is to....

    Ideally - get one flash to play THEN load the second (so far my
    results in doing that only end up with both playing at the same time
    in the same browser window and that doesn't look right <G>)

    Or - quickly combine the two flash animations into one.

    Or - at the end of one movie have it automatically load the next
    URL with the 2nd movie (I've added a link in the 1st movie to
    call the next URL but can't come up with a way to get it to do so
    automagically so I've had to add a "click to continue" link that I'd
    rather not have)

    Anyone got any ideas?

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Dec 27, 2003

  2. -= Hawk =-

    Meat-Plow Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:30:19 +0000, -= Hawk =- wrote:

    > I've made two flash movies. I probably should have made one, but the one
    > I want first I thought of and made second. I can't find a way in the
    > editor I'm using (firestarter) to combine the two so what I'm looking
    > for is to....
    >
    > Ideally - get one flash to play THEN load the second (so far my
    > results in doing that only end up with both playing at the same time
    > in the same browser window and that doesn't look right <G>)
    >
    > Or - quickly combine the two flash animations into one.
    >
    > Or - at the end of one movie have it automatically load the next
    > URL with the 2nd movie (I've added a link in the 1st movie to
    > call the next URL but can't come up with a way to get it to do so
    > automagically so I've had to add a "click to continue" link that I'd
    > rather not have)
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    Maybe flash scripting and a preloader?
    Meat-Plow, Dec 27, 2003

  3. -= Hawk =-

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:49:49 -0500, Meat-Plow <>
    scribbled:

    >On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:30:19 +0000, -= Hawk =- wrote:
    >

    >> I've made two flash movies. I probably should have made one, but the one
    >> I want first I thought of and made second. I can't find a way in the
    >> editor I'm using (firestarter) to combine the two so what I'm looking
    >> for is to....
    >>
    >> Ideally - get one flash to play THEN load the second (so far my
    >> results in doing that only end up with both playing at the same time
    >> in the same browser window and that doesn't look right <G>)
    >>
    >> Or - quickly combine the two flash animations into one.
    >>
    >> Or - at the end of one movie have it automatically load the next
    >> URL with the 2nd movie (I've added a link in the 1st movie to
    >> call the next URL but can't come up with a way to get it to do so
    >> automagically so I've had to add a "click to continue" link that I'd
    >> rather not have)
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas?

    >Maybe flash scripting and a preloader?

    Err.... was that english? :)

    I know next to nothing about flash :)

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Dec 27, 2003
  4. -= Hawk =-

    FatMax Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message

    > I've made two flash movies. I probably should have made one, but the

    one
    > I want first I thought of and made second. I can't find a way in

    the
    > editor I'm using (firestarter) to combine the two so what I'm

    looking
    > for is to....
    >
    > Ideally - get one flash to play THEN load the second (so far my
    > results in doing that only end up with both playing at the same time
    > in the same browser window and that doesn't look right <G>)
    >
    > Or - quickly combine the two flash animations into one.
    >
    > Or - at the end of one movie have it automatically load the next
    > URL with the 2nd movie (I've added a link in the 1st movie to
    > call the next URL but can't come up with a way to get it to do so
    > automagically so I've had to add a "click to continue" link that I'd
    > rather not have)
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    Um er - 15 day trial

    http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=products&product=studio

    Will SwishStudio combine the movies?

    --
    FatMax
    FatMax, Dec 28, 2003
  5. -= Hawk =-

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:14:48 -0000, "FatMax" <>
    scribbled:

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I've made two flash movies. I probably should have made one, but the

    >one
    >> I want first I thought of and made second. I can't find a way in

    >the
    >> editor I'm using (firestarter) to combine the two so what I'm

    >looking
    >> for is to....
    >>
    >> Ideally - get one flash to play THEN load the second (so far my
    >> results in doing that only end up with both playing at the same time
    >> in the same browser window and that doesn't look right <G>)
    >>
    >> Or - quickly combine the two flash animations into one.
    >>
    >> Or - at the end of one movie have it automatically load the next
    >> URL with the 2nd movie (I've added a link in the 1st movie to
    >> call the next URL but can't come up with a way to get it to do so
    >> automagically so I've had to add a "click to continue" link that I'd
    >> rather not have)
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas?
    >>

    >Um er - 15 day trial
    >
    >http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=products&product=studio
    >
    >Will SwishStudio combine the movies?

    Says it will, we'll see :) Thanks for the link!

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Dec 28, 2003
  6. -= Hawk =-

    Sano Guest

    http://www.swishzone.com/

    A bunch of programs here. (Oh I see it's been posted!)

    Swishmax is 30 day trial on the PCPlus Chr2003 #210 dvd.

    (Note: Internet access is required in order to obtain trial key.)

    There isn't any write-up in the mag.

    -= Hawk =- <> spluttered in

    --
    If a computer won't do what needs to be done, lie to it.
    Don't try this trick on people.
    Sano, Jan 1, 2004