    I'm just a bit computer literate so it has to be something a mother can
    do.

    Cara Stancinni
    Cara Stancinni, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Cara Stancinni

    Hanson White Guest

    "Cara Stancinni" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I can easily remaster a single DVD main title 1 using DVD Shrink but
    > how does one combine 4 separate main title 1's into a single long DVD?

    I do not know how but it must be easily doable.
    I might be able to get you started but someone else will have to finish
    this.

    When I remaster title 1 on my DVDs using DVD Shrink, I seem to get the main
    movie title in VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_03.VOB, etc format files (the
    more files, the larger the main title 1). These large files are obviously
    the actual movie files. The problem seems to arise with the IFO and BUP
    files (whatever they are).

    It seems to me if you remaster the main title of the 4 DVDs into 4 separate
    directories and then copy and rename the VTS_01.VOB files to VTS_02.VOB,
    VTS_03.VOB, and VTS_04.VOB files, you'll have the entire set of 4 movies in
    a single VIDEO_TS directory.

    I guess the trick would be to know what to do with the four VTS_01_0.BUP
    files and the four VIDEO_TS.BUP files, in addition to the four VTS_01_0.IFO
    and four VIDEO_TS.IFO files. If you're really lucky, you can just ignore the
    three copies of these and go with the fourth copy but I doubt it will work -
    but you can try it.

    If just copying (and renaming) the four VTS_01.VOB files doesn't work, maybe
    you can creatively use the IFO Editor on just the fourth VIDEO_TS.IFO file
    to somehow make it point to the other three VTS.VOB files in succession?
    Hanson White, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Cara Stancinni

    Graham Mayor Guest

    I am sure there are other ways, but I would extract the required DVD files
    to the hard drive, then I would use TMPGEnc Author to import them as
    required and author a new DVD file with self starting menu. You can get a
    trial of Author which should last long enough to do this.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<>
    Graham Mayor

    Graham Mayor, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Cara Stancinni

    Mushroom Guest

    Cara Stancinni wrote:
    > How, with DVD Shrink, can I combine 4 short DVDs to a single long DVD?
    >
    > My kid loves to watch Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs but each one not only
    > has that annoying play menu (which he's too young to navigate), but the
    > Thomas the Tank Engine series DVDs are extremely short (on the order of
    > only twenty and thirty minutes per DVD, much of it movie
    > advertisements).
    >
    > I purchased the 4-box set (Thomas, Percy, James, Gordon), but I'd like
    > to archive all 4 to a single DVD that automatically plays when my child
    > puts the DVD disc in the DVD player.
    >
    > I can easily remaster a single DVD main title 1 using DVD Shrink but
    > how does one combine 4 separate main title 1's into a single long DVD?
    >
    > I'm just a bit computer literate so it has to be something a mother can
    > do.

    Go to http://www.videohelp.com/ and serch the guides on combining
    "episodes". There is loads of help there.

    --
    Mushroom
    Mushroom, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Cara Stancinni

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Graham Mayor" <> wrote in message
    >I am sure there are other ways, but I would extract the required DVD files
    > to the hard drive, then I would use TMPGEnc Author to import them as
    > required and author a new DVD file with self starting menu. You can get a
    > trial of Author which should last long enough to do this.
    >
    > --
    > <>>< ><<> ><<>
    > Graham Mayor
    > <>>< ><<> ><<>

    Right, just have DVDShrink output to four separate VIDEO_TS
    folders, and use TMPGEnc DVD Author's "Add DVD video" button.
    You can then use the "Chapter cut edit" feature to remove any
    unwanted parts. If there is any difference in the technical
    specifications of any of the movies, then you would have to put each
    in its own "Track". Just click on the blue "Add new track..." text.

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Jan 17, 2005
  6. Cara Stancinni

    Tom Guest

    "Cara Stancinni" <> wrote in

    > How, with DVD Shrink, can I combine 4 short DVDs to a single long DVD?
    >
    > My kid loves to watch Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs but each one not only
    > has that annoying play menu (which he's too young to navigate), but the
    > Thomas the Tank Engine series DVDs are extremely short (on the order of
    > only twenty and thirty minutes per DVD, much of it movie
    > advertisements).
    >
    > I purchased the 4-box set (Thomas, Percy, James, Gordon), but I'd like
    > to archive all 4 to a single DVD that automatically plays when my child
    > puts the DVD disc in the DVD player.
    >
    > I can easily remaster a single DVD main title 1 using DVD Shrink but
    > how does one combine 4 separate main title 1's into a single long DVD?
    >
    > I'm just a bit computer literate so it has to be something a mother can
    > do.

    Using DVD Shrink, extract each DVD to a different folder.

    Then use DVD Shrink's Open Files to open the first folder.
    Then hit the Re-author button, and drag the first title from the right
    side to the left side of the window.
    Then use the drop down arrow at the top of the right side to select the
    folder with the next ripped DVD, and drag the first title to the left
    side.
    Repeat for each subsequent folder.
    Hit Back Up when you have all ready for burning.
    Tom, Jan 17, 2005
  7. Cara Stancinni

    Biz Guest

    > How, with DVD Shrink, can I combine 4 short DVDs to a single long DVD?
    >
    > My kid loves to watch Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs but each one not only
    > has that annoying play menu (which he's too young to navigate), but the
    > Thomas the Tank Engine series DVDs are extremely short (on the order of
    > only twenty and thirty minutes per DVD, much of it movie
    > advertisements).
    >
    > I purchased the 4-box set (Thomas, Percy, James, Gordon), but I'd like
    > to archive all 4 to a single DVD that automatically plays when my child
    > puts the DVD disc in the DVD player.
    >
    > I can easily remaster a single DVD main title 1 using DVD Shrink but
    > how does one combine 4 separate main title 1's into a single long DVD?
    >
    > I'm just a bit computer literate so it has to be something a mother can
    > do.
    >
    > Cara Stancinni

    Rip 3 of the 4 titles to seperate folders on your harddrive, Open DVD
    shrink, and choose re-author dragging the 3 titles already on your drive and
    the one still on the DVD into the project window, now backup.
    Biz, Jan 17, 2005
  8. Cara Stancinni

    Billy Joe Guest

    Cara Stancinni wrote:
    > How, with DVD Shrink, can I combine 4 short DVDs to a single
    > long DVD?
    >
    > My kid loves to watch Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs but each
    > one not only has that annoying play menu (which he's too
    > young to navigate), but the Thomas the Tank Engine series
    > DVDs are extremely short (on the order of only twenty and
    > thirty minutes per DVD, much of it movie advertisements).
    >
    > I purchased the 4-box set (Thomas, Percy, James, Gordon), but
    > I'd like to archive all 4 to a single DVD that automatically
    > plays when my child puts the DVD disc in the DVD player.
    >
    > I can easily remaster a single DVD main title 1 using DVD
    > Shrink but how does one combine 4 separate main title 1's
    > into a single long DVD?
    >
    > I'm just a bit computer literate so it has to be something a
    > mother can do.
    >
    > Cara Stancinni

    The secret is in DVD Shrink's reauthor page.

    In addition to the titles available in the current disc or
    folder, the pull down menu (just above the Name - Type bar) will
    allow you to add in sources from other discs or folders.

    For each of your discs reauthor JUST the title you want to its
    own hard disc folder. When doing this for the last of the
    discs, use the pull down to combine what you've saved from the
    previous discs.

    BJ
    Billy Joe, Jan 17, 2005
  9. Cara Stancinni

    theyak Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Cara Stancinni wrote:
    > > How, with DVD Shrink, can I combine 4 short DVDs to a single
    > > long DVD?
    > >
    > > My kid loves to watch Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs but each
    > > one not only has that annoying play menu (which he's too
    > > young to navigate), but the Thomas the Tank Engine series
    > > DVDs are extremely short (on the order of only twenty and
    > > thirty minutes per DVD, much of it movie advertisements).
    > >
    > > I purchased the 4-box set (Thomas, Percy, James, Gordon), but
    > > I'd like to archive all 4 to a single DVD that automatically
    > > plays when my child puts the DVD disc in the DVD player.
    > >
    > > I can easily remaster a single DVD main title 1 using DVD
    > > Shrink but how does one combine 4 separate main title 1's
    > > into a single long DVD?
    > >
    > > I'm just a bit computer literate so it has to be something a
    > > mother can do.
    > >
    > > Cara Stancinni

    > The secret is in DVD Shrink's reauthor page.
    >
    > In addition to the titles available in the current disc or
    > folder, the pull down menu (just above the Name - Type bar) will
    > allow you to add in sources from other discs or folders.
    >
    > For each of your discs reauthor JUST the title you want to its
    > own hard disc folder. When doing this for the last of the
    > discs, use the pull down to combine what you've saved from the
    > previous discs.
    >
    > BJ

    This is the way to go. There will be no menu, but then again you don't
    need one. Just set your dvd player to 'repeat disc' and leave it alone.
    theyak, Jan 18, 2005
  10. Cara Stancinni

    Tahir Guest

    Isn't it illegal to CHANGE the exact format of the original work of art?
    Tahir, Jan 18, 2005
  11. Cara Stancinni

    theyak Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Isn't it illegal to CHANGE the exact format of the original work of art?

    I guess the OP shouldn't have crossposted to m.l.c...

    Fair use rules in my kingdom. But if you want to turn yourself in for
    making copies of something you own, go right ahead.

    And yes, I own my dvds. I refuse to subscribe to the notion that they
    are just long term rentals like the mpaa would have us believe.
    theyak, Jan 19, 2005
  12. Cara Stancinni

    Tahir Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > Using DVD Shrink, extract each DVD to a different folder.
    >
    > Then use DVD Shrink's Open Files to open the first folder.
    > Then hit the Re-author button, and drag the first title from the

    right
    > side to the left side of the window.
    > Then use the drop down arrow at the top of the right side to select

    the
    > folder with the next ripped DVD, and drag the first title to the left

    > side.
    > Repeat for each subsequent folder.
    > Hit Back Up when you have all ready for burning.

    This didn't work for me - but maybe I did something wrong.

    When I "extract each DVD to a different folder", should I have used the
    DVD Shrink 3.2 "Re-Author" button and then select only the "Title 1"
    movie?

    Or should I have used "Full Disc" Backup?
    Tahir, Jan 21, 2005
  13. Cara Stancinni

    Biz Guest

    Re-author for each title. There is actually a tutorial for this exact
    scenario at www.dvdshrink.info

    Its only for combining two movies, but you would just extend the exact same
    process for 2+however many you could fit on a disk.

    Biz, Jan 21, 2005
  14. Cara Stancinni, Jan 21, 2005
  15. Cara Stancinni

    Tom Guest

    "Tahir" <> wrote in news:1106265646.453296.316160
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > This didn't work for me - but maybe I did something wrong.
    >
    > When I "extract each DVD to a different folder", should I have used the
    > DVD Shrink 3.2 "Re-Author" button and then select only the "Title 1"
    > movie?
    >
    > Or should I have used "Full Disc" Backup?

    When I said to drag the first title, that is Title 1 (and only Title 1).
    Tom, Jan 21, 2005
  16. Cara Stancinni

    Mushroom Guest

    Tahir wrote:

    > This didn't work for me - but maybe I did something wrong.
    >
    > When I "extract each DVD to a different folder", should I have used the
    > DVD Shrink 3.2 "Re-Author" button and then select only the "Title 1"
    > movie?
    >
    > Or should I have used "Full Disc" Backup?

    Look here:
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/flipper/

    A step by step on how to do it.

    --