    14" laptop.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)
    Gerry \(The MOTH\), May 17, 2007

  2. Gerry \(The MOTH\)

    CoMa Guest

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 08:34:32 +0100, "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" <Gerry (TheMOTH)>
    wrote:

    >As the title suggests, I have a film in avi and the subtitles for the film
    >as a txt file, how do I combine the two of them to create a DVD I can play
    >in any normal DVD Player?

    I think that the freeware program "DVD Flick" can do what you want
    http://www.dvdflick.net/
    CoMa, May 17, 2007

  3. "CoMa" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 May 2007 08:34:32 +0100, "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" <Gerry (TheMOTH)>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>As the title suggests, I have a film in avi and the subtitles for the film
    >>as a txt file, how do I combine the two of them to create a DVD I can play
    >>in any normal DVD Player?

    > I think that the freeware program "DVD Flick" can do what you want
    > http://www.dvdflick.net/

    Looks good will try tonight, thanks.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)
    Gerry \(The MOTH\), May 17, 2007
  4. Gerry \(The MOTH\)

    Stuart Guest

    "Gerry (The MOTH)" <Gerry (TheMOTH)> wrote in message
    > As the title suggests, I have a film in avi and the subtitles for the film
    > as a txt file, how do I combine the two of them to create a DVD I can play
    > in any normal DVD Player?
    >
    > I have Nero 7 and Total Video Converter, but I can't seem to find this
    > function in any of the two of them.
    >
    > I thought I had it cracked when I downloaded VLC to play the file and
    > subtitle file on my PC and noticed the transcoder fuction in VLC, but it
    > didn't work.
    >
    > I would just like to create a DVD so I can watch on my 32" TV rather than
    > 14" laptop.
    >
    > --
    > Gerry (The MOTH)

    You can do it in ConvertXtoDVD make sure the avi file and the subtitle file
    are in the same folder with nothing else. When you add the video file
    ConvertXtoDVD will find the subtitle file as long as it is either srt or sub
    format.
    Stuart, May 17, 2007
  5. Gerry \(The MOTH\)

    john smith Guest

    "Stuart" <stuart€@whodunnit8.com> wrote in message

    > "Gerry (The MOTH)" <Gerry (TheMOTH)> wrote in message
    >> As the title suggests, I have a film in avi and the subtitles for the
    >> film as a txt file, how do I combine the two of them to create a DVD I
    >> can play in any normal DVD Player?
    >>
    >> I have Nero 7 and Total Video Converter, but I can't seem to find this
    >> function in any of the two of them.
    >>
    >> I thought I had it cracked when I downloaded VLC to play the file and
    >> subtitle file on my PC and noticed the transcoder fuction in VLC, but it
    >> didn't work.
    >>
    >> I would just like to create a DVD so I can watch on my 32" TV rather than
    >> 14" laptop.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gerry (The MOTH)
    >>

    > You can do it in ConvertXtoDVD make sure the avi file and the subtitle
    > file are in the same folder with nothing else. When you add the video file
    > ConvertXtoDVD will find the subtitle file as long as it is either srt or
    > sub format.

    Auto Gordon Knot (AutoGK) is dead easy to use too...
    john smith, May 17, 2007
  6. "john smith" <> wrote in message

    > "Stuart" <stuart?@whodunnit8.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Gerry (The MOTH)" <Gerry (TheMOTH)> wrote in message
    >>> As the title suggests, I have a film in avi and the subtitles for the
    >>> film as a txt file, how do I combine the two of them to create a DVD I
    >>> can play in any normal DVD Player?
    >>>
    >>> I have Nero 7 and Total Video Converter, but I can't seem to find this
    >>> function in any of the two of them.
    >>>
    >>> I thought I had it cracked when I downloaded VLC to play the file and
    >>> subtitle file on my PC and noticed the transcoder fuction in VLC, but it
    >>> didn't work.
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to create a DVD so I can watch on my 32" TV rather
    >>> than 14" laptop.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Gerry (The MOTH)
    >>>

    >> You can do it in ConvertXtoDVD make sure the avi file and the subtitle
    >> file are in the same folder with nothing else. When you add the video
    >> file ConvertXtoDVD will find the subtitle file as long as it is either
    >> srt or sub format.
    >>

    > Auto Gordon Knot (AutoGK) is dead easy to use too...

    Thanks, downloaded dvdflick last night and it did the trick (eventually
    after 2hrs).
    Now can watch Romanzo Criminale on the BIG tele with english subtitles.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)
    Gerry \(The MOTH\), May 18, 2007
  7. Gerry \(The MOTH\)

    CoMa Guest

    On Fri, 18 May 2007 06:36:11 +0100, "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" <Gerry (TheMOTH)>
    wrote:

    >Thanks, downloaded dvdflick last night and it did the trick (eventually
    >after 2hrs).
    >Now can watch Romanzo Criminale on the BIG tele with english subtitles.

    Cool,
    I'm glad it worked :)

    DVD Flick can't make a DVD menu.... yet...
    So if you want to add a simple DVD menu after converting
    AVI to DVD with DVD Flick, you can use the program
    TitleWriter http://www.dvdshrink.info/titlewriter/
    CoMa, May 18, 2007
  8. "CoMa" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 May 2007 06:36:11 +0100, "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" <Gerry (TheMOTH)>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks, downloaded dvdflick last night and it did the trick (eventually
    >>after 2hrs).
    >>Now can watch Romanzo Criminale on the BIG tele with english subtitles.

    > Cool,
    > I'm glad it worked :)
    >

    > DVD Flick can't make a DVD menu.... yet...
    > So if you want to add a simple DVD menu after converting
    > AVI to DVD with DVD Flick, you can use the program
    > TitleWriter http://www.dvdshrink.info/titlewriter/

    I used to use DVDShrink (think I've still got it on my home PC, along with
    DVDDecrypter), but I just use Nero7 for creating my DVD's and any menus now
    on my laptop. I'm trying to keep my applications on my laptop to a minimum
    to make more space for music and videos.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)
    Gerry \(The MOTH\), May 18, 2007