    located .../Profiles but then I get lost. So close, and yet so far!

    Help!

    Ross
    Ross M. Greenberg, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Ross M. Greenberg

    gwtc Guest

    Ross M. Greenberg wrote:

    > Well, I created the UUDeview.uue folder ok, and I was able to move a
    > bunch of highlighted stuff over to that folder and it *appears* that it
    > is _slowly_ decoded.
    >
    > But I can't locate the TB mailbox for UUDeview to actually Decode. I
    > located .../Profiles but then I get lost. So close, and yet so far!
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Ross

    are you following the instructions from here?:
    http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/Mozilla/moz_combine.html
    gwtc, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Ross M. Greenberg

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
    > Well, I created the UUDeview.uue folder ok, and I was able to move a
    > bunch of highlighted stuff over to that folder and it *appears* that it
    > is _slowly_ decoded.
    >
    > But I can't locate the TB mailbox for UUDeview to actually Decode. I
    > located .../Profiles but then I get lost. So close, and yet so far!
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > Ross

    It would be helpful to have a more complete description of how you set
    this up. But let me review a couple things from the process I outline
    on my Web page (http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_combine.html).

    1. In TB, the folder where you copy the multi-part binary newsgroup
    messages needs to be created in your mail account within TB.
    Right-click the name of the mail account and choose New Folder. Name it
    ENCODES.uue. This creates a FILE in Windows with that name (TB mail
    "folders" are actually hard disk files containing plain-text of the
    messages you see in the folder in TB.)

    2. Find a newsgroup. Highlight a group of binary messages and drag/drop
    them into the ENCODES.uue folder in TB.

    3. Outside of TB use Windows Explorer to find the ENCODES.uue file
    (it's in your TB profile location). Double-click the file. This should
    open the UUDeview program.

    With this review and the original info on the Web page as a guide,
    recheck what you did to set this up and report back.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 24, 2006