Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 Editi

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Rick Guest

    Re: Software

    Internet Explorer 7 Beta is not currently available for Win x64. The
    information is on the following page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx

    Rick, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Re: Software

    Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview is currently not compatible with Windows
    XP Professional x64, not until the official beta 2 arrives.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Feb 9, 2006

  3. RE: Windows XP Pro x64 running slower than 32 bit XP

    =?Utf-8?B?ZG9nc2xpZmU=?=, Feb 10, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Guru Guest

    Re: Windows XP Pro x64 running slower than 32 bit XP

    32bit programs on Win64 go slower,
    faster only 64bit application :(

    Guru, Feb 10, 2006
  5. Hi Katie ~ I Saw Your Post At A Microsoft Web Site !
    I Do Have A Sever Problem Installing Driver From A CD Via The CD ROM !
    I Built A Computer And Installed Windows XP X64 But The Device Drivers On
    CD ~ Wont Install !
    I Want To Install My Driver For Each Perifial ~ Like The Motherboard ~ The
    DVD ROM ~ The DVD~RW Drive ~ Modem ~ Sound 'Card' And So On ~
    Katie Is There Any Adjustment Of X64 XP I Could Do ?
    If Possible PLEASE HELP !
    NO Drivers Via CD ROM ?
    HELP !
    PS ~ If Reponding To My Qwestion PLEASE Respond To ~ !
    Thanks !

    =?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlIEdhbGxhZ2hlcg==?=, Feb 25, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Admiral Q Guest

    George,
    If the vendor/maker of your hardware has/will not created 64-bit OS
    drivers, there's really nothing you can do - 32-bit drivers won't work on
    64-bit OS's. MS only creates the OS, it is up to the vendors to create
    drivers for their hardware - if they deem it is not cost beneficial to
    create them, they won't. That's why when I got ready to venture into the
    64-bit OS arena, I had started long ago, buying sound, network and other
    peripheral cards that have both 32 and 64-bit drivers. That way, when I
    upgraded to the 64-bit OS, I had drivers available for all my hardware.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    Google is your friend!

    "George Gallagher" <George > wrote in
    message news:...

    Admiral Q, Feb 25, 2006
  7. George -
    You need to address your driver issues directly with your motherboard
    manufacturer. You haven't provided any information about what your system
    is, or which programs on the CD don't work, so there's little else we can
    tell you. Most of us here have built our own machines, and dealt with the
    driver issues, and if you provide a few details we might be able to point at
    alternative locations for some of them, if your mobo mfg hasn't got drivers
    available yet. But most do. NOT necessarily on the CD that ships with the
    motherboard - but available off their support download site.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 25, 2006
  8. x64 on pentium4 2.8ghz processors

    Will winxp pro x64 run on a pentium 4 2.8ghz processor

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Mar 6, 2006
  9. Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 7, 2006
  10. I have installed the trial version of X64 edition in my newly bought maxtor
    SATA2 drive but when it was start , it only showed the logo and went blank
    and no response, probably hanged. I read the articles in the this forum and
    learned that it may require a 64bit driver for the SATA2 harddisk, however,
    I could not find the relevant driver. My chipsets is i945 P Pro.

    In addition, I want to unistall the trial version of the X64 edition and I
    don't know how , cos I even cannot run it?

    Can anyone help me?
    thanks a lot

    ykkwan

    =?Utf-8?B?eWtrd2Fu?=, Mar 17, 2006
  11. If you installed it, then it must have seen the hard drive. If the screen
    went blank, it's almost certainly a driver issue. Boot into safe mode and
    install updated drivers for your video.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 17, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You will need to boot into VGA mode for installing video drivers, as Darrell
    reminded us.

    John Barnes, Mar 17, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you still want to get rid of the trial version, it will depend on your
    setup. If you are going to install another OS, during the install, just
    delete the partition and reformat when you are asked, installing it in the
    same space. If you currently have the other operating system running in
    another partition, just go into disk management and delete the partition you
    have x64 on. You can then make a new partition and reformat it, or
    depending on your situation, add the space to your other OS partition.

    John Barnes, Mar 17, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Or maybe that was just to change the settings, don't have the ability to
    look up, but that may be all that is needed to get booted up in normal mode
    to download and install the latest drivers.

    John Barnes, Mar 17, 2006
  15. You can install the drivers in safe, I think. You just can't tweak them.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 17, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Matt Guest

    Re: Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 E

    Hi,

    I have a tablet PC with Windows XP Tablet Edition recently installed on it,
    but my system has 4 GB of RAM (TE can see only 3GB or RAM) and a dual core
    processor and I think it would make more sense having XP Pro x64, but I know
    it doesn't have all the tablet features (software and drivers). Therefore, my
    question is, is there a way to get the software and drivers that XP Pro x64
    lacks from XP Tablet Edition?

    Thanks in advance,

    ~Matt

    P.S. My computer came with Vista Ultimate and I don't like it at all. Even
    with 4GB of RAM and a dual core processor it's performance is ... "slugish"
    most of the time. That's why I'm thinking of XP Pro x64.

    Matt, Nov 25, 2007
  17. Re: Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 E

    No. There is no way to do that. Your only real option is Vista for 64bit and
    Tablet functionality together. If you install XP x64, you will no have any
    tablet functionality at all.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64