    Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    Katie Skibinski
    Site Manager, vendor [MS]

    =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=, Jul 26, 2005

  2. OK, folks. Go check the latest column on the Expert Zone! At least one thing
    has changed since I wrote it -- we're starting to get our copies of x64
    Edition through the TAP program! Meanwhile, I am, as always, here to answer
    any questions that the column raises. Also, for additional information on
    several of the questions in this FAQ, see our blog on msmvps.com/xperts64.
    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 26, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Great column.

    New question <G>. Why isn't there an x64 compatible version of Net
    framework 1.1? I want to run RSS Bandit which requires it as well as
    some other programs I have... 2.0 beta framework does not solve the
    problem <G>

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:40:01 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >OK, folks. Go check the latest column on the Expert Zone! At least one thing
    >has changed since I wrote it -- we're starting to get our copies of x64
    >Edition through the TAP program! Meanwhile, I am, as always, here to answer
    >any questions that the column raises. Also, for additional information on
    >several of the questions in this FAQ, see our blog on msmvps.com/xperts64.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist
    http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

    Barb Bowman, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Re: Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64Editi

    Steve Thompson, Jul 26, 2005
  5. Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 26, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 26, 2005
  7. Re: Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64Editi

    Steve Thompson, Jul 26, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Ted Guest

    Thank you for directing me to the HP un-supported work around
    site.
    My Officejet 7210 now prints of recommended work around using
    Deskjet 990c driver.
    I put that computer on hold because I couldn't print, now I am
    going to try to make it my Internet computer.

    If you are interested for what I have in my computer:
    D945PSN Intel motherboard
    Intel 3.0 Dual Core Processor
    2 WD Sata drives ( had to update the BIOS to fix slow file copy,
    but XP 64 installed without SATA drivers)
    1 GB RAM
    LG DVD/CD writer
    PRO 1000GT PWLA8391GT - OEM, a second network card. (has 64 bit driver)
    USR 3CP2976-OEM Winmodem.
    ATI All In wonder x600 Pro video card
    Very tricky to install, first don't use enclosed driver, if you did then
    be sure to uninstall it because the updated driver will give error
    installing.
    You need to download the driver from ATI website, but again be sure to
    un-install
    any previous ATI installed drivers.
    Only the driver work, non of the All In Wonder software work.

    So far most of the 32 bit software work.
    Keyboard and mouse wouldn't work with the KVM switch, monitor does,
    but didn't try it after the BIOS update yet. (Not a 64 bit issue.)

    "Steve Thompson" <> wrote in message

    Ted, Jul 26, 2005
  9. Barb -- .NET 1.1 is supported on x64. See KB# 894435

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 26, 2005
  10. Well, it's not _just_ my site. Several MS and MVP folks can post there. But
    I'm trying to add value when I can to it.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 26, 2005
  11. we try. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 26, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jul 26, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Sean M Guest

    I'm kinda surprised by that -- isn't Dare Obasanjo (author of RSSBandit) a
    big proponent of 64-bit Windows?

    -- Sean M

    Sean M, Jul 27, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I don't know if he is a fan or not. But Newsgator is no good, gives
    "corrupt memory" after lots of use "please contact Newsgator".

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jul 27, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWUgU2tpYmluc2tp?=

    Don Awalt Guest

    I use FeedDemon on x64, works great. It's much zippier than Bandit, which I
    used to use under x32...

    >>> http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

    Don Awalt, Jul 28, 2005
  16. Hi, Here is my problem. I bought xp64 to instal on a computer that has a 64
    bit processor and the installation seems to go fine all the way till the end.
    Then when I reboot the machine to start it up the Windows screen shows as if
    it is loading then all of a sudden the monitor displays "No Signal" and goes
    blank. I am assuming there is a conflicting driver or the wrong driver all
    together. Any idea how to go about fixing this?

    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=, Oct 24, 2005
  17. Can you boot into safe mode? What type of video card is installed in the
    system?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 24, 2005
  18. Re: Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 E

    I cant boot to safe mode and I am not sure what video card is in it. I dont
    have access to the computer right now.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=, Oct 24, 2005
  19. When your system finishes BIOS POST, immediately press F8. Several times, if
    necessary. You should get a boot options menu. Select the option to NOT
    immediately restart on error, and continue the boot process. Now, tell us
    what the error message is that you'll see on your blue screen when it fails.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 24, 2005
  20. Re: Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 E

    OK...I tried to have it continue booting so I get the error and it didnt
    work. I was however able to boot to safemode. The graphics card seems to be
    installed correctly. The only thing that seemed to not have the correct
    driver was the sound card. Any suggestions as to why I cant get to the
    desktop when I boot up normally?

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=, Oct 25, 2005