    Also, is there a spell checker with Google please?

    Thank you
    Geopelia
    geopelia, May 4, 2006

  2. geopelia

    Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    > I have the names of posters in a tree on the left of the messages.
    >
    > Is it possible to colour my own name (Geopelia) so I can see it more
    > easily? (Or mark it in some way).
    > I could do this with xtra.
    >
    > Also, is there a spell checker with Google please?

    No I think what you see is what you get. It's a pity, I'd like to be
    able to customise things a bit as well, but hey, it's free...

    Kris
    , May 4, 2006

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    wrote:

    > No I think what you see is what you get. It's a pity, I'd like to be
    > able to customise things a bit as well, but hey, it's free...
    >
    > Kris

    Thank you

    Geopelia
    geopelia, May 4, 2006
  4. On 3 May 2006 20:00:41 -0700, "geopelia" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >I have the names of posters in a tree on the left of the messages.
    >
    >Is it possible to colour my own name (Geopelia) so I can see it more
    >easily? (Or mark it in some way).
    >I could do this with xtra.
    >
    >Also, is there a spell checker with Google please?

    There is a spellcheck extension or add-on for Google Bar that works
    with Mozilla Firefox. Works extremely well with text entered into
    webpages such as a Google group message.
    Robert Feigel, May 4, 2006
  5. geopelia

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Robert Feigel wrote:
    > On 3 May 2006 20:00:41 -0700, "geopelia" <>
    > magnanimously proffered:
    >
    >> I have the names of posters in a tree on the left of the messages.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to colour my own name (Geopelia) so I can see it more
    >> easily? (Or mark it in some way).
    >> I could do this with xtra.
    >>
    >> Also, is there a spell checker with Google please?

    > There is a spellcheck extension or add-on for Google Bar that works
    > with Mozilla Firefox. Works extremely well with text entered into
    > webpages such as a Google group message.

    Guys who really are going to stick with groups.google and who are using
    a proper web browser might find greasemonkey scripts for a lot of
    missing functionality - spelling, searching, killfile etc, and probably
    a whole lot of other stuff you never knew you needed.

    Worth googling for if you're keen.
    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=greasemonkey google groups
    (adjust to taste).
    -=rjh=-, May 4, 2006
  6. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have the names of posters in a tree on the left of the messages.
    >
    > Is it possible to colour my own name (Geopelia) so I can see it more
    > easily? (Or mark it in some way).
    > I could do this with xtra.
    >
    > Also, is there a spell checker with Google please?

    Get yer *own* newsreader! :)

    Seriously, Google groups went downhill majorly when they changed their
    gg webpage a wee while back. I think the new look is bloody awful and
    clumsy to drive and to see where you are.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, May 4, 2006
  7. On Thu, 4 May 2006 16:51:55 +1200, Dave Doe <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> I have the names of posters in a tree on the left of the messages.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to colour my own name (Geopelia) so I can see it more
    >> easily? (Or mark it in some way).
    >> I could do this with xtra.
    >>
    >> Also, is there a spell checker with Google please?

    >Get yer *own* newsreader! :)
    >
    >Seriously, Google groups went downhill majorly when they changed their
    >gg webpage a wee while back. I think the new look is bloody awful and
    >clumsy to drive and to see where you are.

    Agreed. I used Google for a short time when my PC had a nervous
    breakdown and I had to use my laptop, which didn't have a newsreader
    at that point. Clumsy is exactly the right term.
    Robert Feigel, May 4, 2006
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    > Seriously, Google groups went downhill majorly when they changed their
    > gg webpage a wee while back. I think the new look is bloody awful and
    > clumsy to drive and to see where you are.
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    I think so too, but xtra has closed down their newsgroups, so I'm back
    here.

    Thanks to all.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, May 4, 2006
  9. geopelia

    Crash Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    >> Seriously, Google groups went downhill majorly when they changed their
    >> gg webpage a wee while back. I think the new look is bloody awful and
    >> clumsy to drive and to see where you are.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Duncan

    > I think so too, but xtra has closed down their newsgroups, so I'm back
    > here.
    >
    > Thanks to all.

    Geopelia, you can continue to use Outlook Express with another news server. I
    am with Xtra and simply swapped to another server (nntp.aioe.org). I am reading
    and posting news exactly as I did before xtra removed their nntp server.

    Crash.
    Crash, May 7, 2006