    newsgroups shown in a different colour.

    How can I do this in XP please?

    Geopelia

    Phil Doran, Mar 10, 2006

  2. Phil Doran wrote:
    > I've just had XP installed. With Windows ME, I could have the headers of my
    > own messages to
    > newsgroups shown in a different colour.
    >
    > How can I do this in XP please?
    >
    > Geopelia

    Outlook express?

    Southern Kiwi, Mar 10, 2006

  3. On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:10:38 +1300, Phil Doran wrote:

    > I've just had XP installed. With Windows ME, I could have the headers of
    > my own messages to
    > newsgroups shown in a different colour.
    >
    > How can I do this in XP please?

    Have you tried installing a newsgroup reader?

    Micro$oft WindowsXP by itself won't do anything with newsgroups.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 11, 2006
  4. On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:10:38 +1300, Phil Doran wrote:

    > I've just had XP installed. With Windows ME, I could have the headers of my
    > own messages to
    > newsgroups shown in a different colour.
    >
    > How can I do this in XP please?
    >
    > Geopelia

    In Outlook Express,

    goto Tools menu, Message Rules, News...

    click on New...

    in section 1, tick Where the From line contains people

    in section 2, tick Highlight it with color

    in section 3, under Rule Description, edit the Contains People option to
    match your posting details, and select your preferred color from the
    drop-down list for the Color option.

    Abstract Reasoning, Mar 11, 2006
  5. Phil Doran

    Phil Doran Guest

    "Abstract Reasoning" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:10:38 +1300, Phil Doran wrote:
    >
    >> I've just had XP installed. With Windows ME, I could have the headers of
    >> my
    >> own messages to
    >> newsgroups shown in a different colour.
    >>
    >> How can I do this in XP please?
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > In Outlook Express,
    >
    > goto Tools menu, Message Rules, News...
    >
    > click on New...
    >
    > in section 1, tick Where the From line contains people
    >
    > in section 2, tick Highlight it with color
    >
    > in section 3, under Rule Description, edit the Contains People option to
    > match your posting details, and select your preferred color from the
    > drop-down list for the Color option.

    Thank you. It is now working.

    Geopelia

    Phil Doran, Mar 12, 2006
  6. Phil Doran

    Phil Doran Guest

    "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:10:38 +1300, Phil Doran wrote:
    >
    >> I've just had XP installed. With Windows ME, I could have the headers of
    >> my own messages to
    >> newsgroups shown in a different colour.
    >>
    >> How can I do this in XP please?

    > Have you tried installing a newsgroup reader?
    >
    > Micro$oft WindowsXP by itself won't do anything with newsgroups.

    XP message rules have changed from Windows ME.
    "Abstract Reasoning" below told me how to fix it.

    Thanks to all
    Geopelia

    Phil Doran, Mar 12, 2006