Colour space conversion in C1 PRO v1.3?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Lionel, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    Does anyone know what colour-space conversion system is used by C1 to
    convert from working space to target space?
    I process my 10D shots to sRGB for my website, & Adobe RGB 98 for
    printing & proofing, with Adobe 98 as my working space. (Monitor is
    calibrated correctly, & I'm using )
    I'm finding that C1 doesn't seem to even attempt to make a reasonable
    (sensiometric?) conversion from one to the other, resulting in huge
    visual differences between the colour in the final output files. This is
    extremely noticable on highly saturated reds, which typically become
    out-of-gamut (blown out) oranges. It's also noticable with other
    colours, but red is by far the worst.

    This is a major PITA, because it means that I have to process each image
    twice, once for print & once for web. Surely this can't be normal
    behavior? Have I missed (or screwed up) a configuration setting,
    perhaps? It might be significant that my PC had a drive go flaky,
    resulting in a number of hard crashes while running C1, until I replaced
    the bad drive.

    Any ideas on where to go with this?

    Lionel, Jan 14, 2004