    running costs like, and so on?

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Sep 20, 2005

  2. EMB

    Alan Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    news:dgntkn$5mj$...

    > I have about 800 A4 pages (predominately text and simple graphics
    > like line graphs, with a few screen captures) that need to be
    > printed in colour.
    > The best price I can find from a copycentre to do it is
    > around the $1000 mark so it probably makes sense to buy one of the
    > cheaper colour laser printers. Has anyone here had any experience
    > with the printers in the ~$1000 category? If so, how did it
    > perform, what were running costs like, and so on?
    >
    > --
    > EMB

    Watch the cost per page.

    I understand that some lasers can cost 50c a page to print, but that
    may be old info.

    Ask a friend?

    If their cost per page is, say, 50c then pay them $700 and you are
    both happy!

    Alan.
    Alan, Sep 20, 2005

  3. EMB

    EMB Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > Watch the cost per page.
    >
    > I understand that some lasers can cost 50c a page to print, but that
    > may be old info.

    The numbers I've been being quoted by those selling the printers is
    around the 20 - 25c/page mark. Given that Xerox are charging 20c/page
    all up on their leased machines it sounds about right (and shows how
    much profit the copy centres are making).

    > Ask a friend?
    >
    > If their cost per page is, say, 50c then pay them $700 and you are
    > both happy!

    If I knew anyone with a colour laser I would - and I'm a bit loathe to
    run that much thru a client's machine whilst they're not looking
    (although the idea has crossed my mind).

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Sep 20, 2005
  4. EMB

    Alan Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in
    message news:dgo0dk$b15$...

    >> Ask a friend?
    >>
    >> If their cost per page is, say, 50c then pay them $700 and you are
    >> both happy!

    > If I knew anyone with a colour laser I would - and I'm a bit loathe
    > to run that much thru a client's machine whilst they're not looking
    > (although the idea has crossed my mind).

    So ask them straight up and offer them $700 (or whatever you think its
    worth) and see what they say.

    Alan.
    Alan, Sep 20, 2005