  1. Guest

    Your opinions please. Thanks.
    , May 9, 2005

  2. Evil Bastard Guest

    wrote:
    > Your opinions please. Thanks.

    Happy with my HP Laserjet 2550L. Price way south of $1k, 4 separate
    cartridges for cyan/magenta/yellow/black, the black cartridge is much
    larger (since folks use it most), works well on all operating systems.

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, May 10, 2005

  3. Bob McLellan Guest

    I also have an HP2550. While it works (that is, prints ok in color), I
    would not say it works well on all operating systems. The Mac support is
    limited and all on other systems it is just a fairly generic PS printer.
    Only Win and Mac have access to the details of the printer controls
    (things like ink status and color) and those don't work perfectly. It
    feeds multiple sheets of paper sometimes and plain text pages have a
    variation of ink density (all of it too dark). It reminds me of a recent
    HP scanner I bought which had software that was 'dodgy'. A similar Epson
    scanner has neat software, so give Epson some consideration.

    Bob McLellan, May 11, 2005