    Can anyone help me with the following problem: my printer has started to
    print all colours wrongly. I am sure it must be a simple adjustment but I do
    not know where or how to restore my printer to normal colours.
    Simon Mayo, Dec 21, 2006

  2. Simon Mayo <> wrote:
    : Can anyone help me with the following problem: my printer has started
    : to print all colours wrongly. I am sure it must be a simple adjustment
    : but I do not know where or how to restore my printer to normal colours.

    Without knowing what make and model of printer it may be difficult to give
    specific advice. But the first thing I would check is that the correct ink
    cartridge is in the in the correct slot. If the ink carts are switched,
    some printers may not catch the problem and so it may be triggering what
    it thinks is Blue, and actually getting red (or something along those
    lines). So that is the first thing I would check.

    If you could give us some more info, and possibly posting a scan or photo
    of something with the "incorrect" colors it might be possible for someone
    to spot the problem.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL
    Randy Berbaum, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Simon Mayo

    Mike Russell Guest

    "Simon Mayo" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me with the following problem: my printer has started to
    > print all colours wrongly. I am sure it must be a simple adjustment but I
    > do not know where or how to restore my printer to normal colours.

    Good advice from Randy - also make sure one of the colors is not empty.
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/
    Mike Russell, Dec 21, 2006
  4. Simon Mayo

    Bob Williams Guest

    Simon Mayo wrote:
    > Can anyone help me with the following problem: my printer has started to
    > print all colours wrongly. I am sure it must be a simple adjustment but I do
    > not know where or how to restore my printer to normal colours.

    First check to see that you are not out of one or more colors of ink.
    If ink supply is OK, then operate your printer's "Nozzle Check" utility.
    If nozzle check is OK, try reinstalling your Printer Driver.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Dec 21, 2006
  5. Simon Mayo wrote:
    > Can anyone help me with the following problem: my printer has started
    > to print all colours wrongly. I am sure it must be a simple
    > adjustment but I do not know where or how to restore my printer to
    > normal colours.

    One of your coloured inks has probably run out before the others. Change the
    cartridge.
    Dennis Pogson, Dec 22, 2006
  6. Simon Mayo wrote:
    > Can anyone help me with the following problem: my printer has started to
    > print all colours wrongly. I am sure it must be a simple adjustment but I do
    > not know where or how to restore my printer to normal colours.

    While it could be a cartridge out of ink, many printers now have
    drivers that will alert you to the fact that a cartridge is running
    low, or empty.

    However, a CLOGGED cartridge will give the same symptoms as an empty
    cartridge, but the computer will not know the cartridge is clogged, so
    you get no warning messages. Most printers have a "head/nozzle
    cleaning" utility, which you can run from the printer function on the
    Windows Control Panel. Run that cleaning utility. Also print a test
    page in addition to the nozzle check. The test page usually does not
    "listen" to any color adjustments you have made in photo editing
    programs.
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Dec 23, 2006