Colour film of London in 1926!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, May 15, 2013.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    philo  Guest

    philo , May 15, 2013
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Whisky-dave, May 15, 2013
    #3
  4. James Silverton, May 15, 2013
    #4
  5. On 5/15/2013 2:56 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    > On 5/15/2013 9:21 AM, philo wrote:
    >> On 05/14/2013 08:23 PM, RichA wrote:
    >>> Pretty early.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10055041/Early-colour-footage-of-London-comes-to-light.html
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >
    > Have you seen Prokudin-Gorskii's even earlier color photographs of Russia?
    >
    > For example: Prokudin-Gorskii Collection - Library of Congress
    > www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/prok/
    >
    >
    >


    The reference I gave is a very complete collection but a Google search
    for Prokudin Gorskii brings an "Images" item that has many of his best.

    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
    James Silverton, May 15, 2013
    #5
  6. RichA

    philo  Guest

    On 05/15/2013 02:21 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    > On 5/15/2013 2:56 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    >> On 5/15/2013 9:21 AM, philo wrote:
    >>> On 05/14/2013 08:23 PM, RichA wrote:
    >>>> Pretty early.
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10055041/Early-colour-footage-of-London-comes-to-light.html
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>

    >>
    >> Have you seen Prokudin-Gorskii's even earlier color photographs of
    >> Russia?
    >>
    >> For example: Prokudin-Gorskii Collection - Library of Congress
    >> www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/prok/
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > The reference I gave is a very complete collection but a Google search
    > for Prokudin Gorskii brings an "Images" item that has many of his best.
    >




    Thanks for the info, images like that are always amazing

    here is another set of images


    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08/russia_in_color_a_century_ago.html
    philo , May 15, 2013
    #6
  7. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/15/2013 3:21 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    > On 5/15/2013 2:56 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    >> On 5/15/2013 9:21 AM, philo wrote:
    >>> On 05/14/2013 08:23 PM, RichA wrote:
    >>>> Pretty early.
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10055041/Early-colour-footage-of-London-comes-to-light.html
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>

    >>
    >> Have you seen Prokudin-Gorskii's even earlier color photographs of
    >> Russia?
    >>
    >> For example: Prokudin-Gorskii Collection - Library of Congress
    >> www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/prok/
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > The reference I gave is a very complete collection but a Google search
    > for Prokudin Gorskii brings an "Images" item that has many of his best.
    >


    Now you did it. Got me interested, when I should be doing something
    else. ;-)

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, May 15, 2013
    #7
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 15, 3:48 pm, philo  <philo@priv cy.not> wrote:
    > On 05/15/2013 02:21 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On 5/15/2013 2:56 PM, James Silverton wrote:
    > >> On 5/15/2013 9:21 AM, philo  wrote:
    > >>> On 05/14/2013 08:23 PM, RichA wrote:
    > >>>> Pretty early.

    >
    > >>>>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10055041/Early-colour-footage-....

    >
    > >> Have you seen Prokudin-Gorskii's even earlier color photographs of
    > >> Russia?

    >
    > >> For example: Prokudin-Gorskii Collection - Library of Congress
    > >>www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/prok/

    >
    > > The reference I gave is a very complete collection but a Google search
    > > for Prokudin Gorskii brings an "Images" item that has many of his best.

    >
    > Thanks for the info, images like that are always amazing
    >
    > here is another set of images
    >
    > http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08/russia_in_color_a_century_ag...


    Pretty astonishing. Thanks.
    RichA, May 16, 2013
    #8
  9. RichA

    philo  Guest

    On 05/15/2013 07:45 PM, RichA wrote:
    >
    >>>>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10055041/Early-colour-footage-...

    >>
    >>>> Have you seen Prokudin-Gorskii's even earlier color photographs of
    >>>> Russia?

    >>
    >>>> For example: Prokudin-Gorskii Collection - Library of Congress
    >>>> www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/prok/

    >>
    >>> The reference I gave is a very complete collection but a Google search
    >>> for Prokudin Gorskii brings an "Images" item that has many of his best.

    >>
    >> Thanks for the info, images like that are always amazing
    >>
    >> here is another set of images
    >>
    >> http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08/russia_in_color_a_century_ag...

    >
    > Pretty astonishing. Thanks.
    >





    Even though I am mainly a B&W photographer...

    when I see an old B&W or sepia photo...it looks just that...old.

    The high-quality color images make it look like it could almost have
    been taken just the other day...so wonderful that someone put all that
    effort into the art of photography.
    philo , May 16, 2013
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Douglas Bailey

    _The General_ (1926) -- new transfer?

    Douglas Bailey, Nov 5, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    537
    Steve(JazzHunter)
    Nov 6, 2003
  2. Sharp Shooter

    DSLRs or Slide Film or Colour Negative Film? ;o)

    Sharp Shooter, Jun 20, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    1,054
  3. Stewart Berman
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,544
    Ricardo D. Masabel Avendaño
    Nov 10, 2008
  4. Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,265
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)
    Nov 7, 2008
  5. Bruce

    Geoffrey Crawley FRPS 1926-2010

    Bruce, Nov 2, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    298
    John Turco
    Nov 28, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page